Sign in to follow this  

Paul Brooks EGCC Manchester Scenery

Have downloaded and installed Paul Brooks Manchester EGCC scenery file but when flying towards Manchester from the DCS VOR and reach the Pole Hill VOR get the message 'can't load texture datad254172977FA1604.RAW '.Because of the problems with the missing forum pages I can't search for any previous postings on this one.Can anyone help,please?Flyfisher :-newbie

Read the "readme" file. There are four parts to Paul's scenery and some are dependent on having textures loaded from others. I forget the dependencies, but if you look in the readme, it should tell you. If not there, check the other three downloads using ZipDive and one will clearly state it contains necessary textures for the others.I have all four of Paul's sceneries installed and they work just fine. -DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Yes two sceneries 'Manchester EGCC' and 'Manchester Woodhead' require both to be installed. Paul did create and pod them seperately but they must overlap slightly.The other 2 'North Wales' and 'Woodvale' will work independantly.DaveT

Dave,Thanks. I just tried installing the Manchester (EGCC) scenery but am slowly downloading the rest of the set and will install them when I've time.Flyfisher :-wave

Once you have them, you will never fly this area without them.I noticed that my Liverpool Airport is spot on, but using Pauls wonderful scenery you can see the old Airport runways as well. So Im planning a complete update to show this and the old hangars & terminal which are all there.UPDATEIm about halfway through Manchester Ringway EGCC, Manchester Woodford EGCD & Manchester Barton Aerodrome. There is a beta version of Manchester Ringway & Woodford at www.flydevelopers.com But these are just a test the ones you will get are totaly different.Viva la Paul Brooks & Dave Taylor (London Area) for there great work. All The BestSteve

I'll send you a CD of any of Paul's scenery that you still need, if the download is 'too killing'. Just e-mail me back.DaveT

Dave,Thanks very much for the offer but I have now downloaded all 4 sets and look forward to the flights.:-walksmile

Guest Colins2

Steve,It's very easy to do, but you must follow the steps in sequence.Ken Salter used to have a tutorial on his site put together by Randall that explains it pretty well.You need a dex file creator, Vol!Nav or Dexeditor and you also need Deximport by Frank Racis to import the .dex (database exchange) file.If you can't find the details, drop me a line and I'll sort something out for you.Colin