Sign in to follow this  
flyfisher

NZ scenery

Whilst flying the default scenery from Gisborne (NZGS) to Napier (NZNR) there are several square blocks of water close to the coastline after Wairoa. There are no such blocks of water in reality.What are they supposed to represent or are they just an error in the scenery?Flyfisher :-newbie

Just a bug I guess... What country is that??? cheers

Guest Colins2

Flyfisher,They are probably meant to be lakes that haven't been drawn properly.Either that, or the ground tile attributes are wrong.If the latter, then there is an easy fixCan you give me a lat/long so that I can have a look?Colin

Colin,Go to 39 03' 24.1777"S177 23' 26.792"EYou will find yourself over one;look up the coast towards Gisborne (~Nth) and you'll see another;look down the coast towards Napier(ie ~ Sth) and you'll see several.Alternatively fly from Wairoa towards Napier to see them en-route.Tom,New Zealand.Flyfisher:-wave

Guest Colins2

Hi Tom,I actually already posted this once, but the Forum here crashed out on me and the post was lost????I've already had a look:http://avsim.com/hangar/fly/colins2/images/wairoa2.jpgThis is the view from ArcExplorer showing no lakes there.http://avsim.com/hangar/fly/colins2/images/wairoa.jpgThe fix is simple. You need to get Elrond's excellent utility, Ground Tile Transformer, from the library here. It is simple to use and will cure all these faulty tiles.Colin