Sign in to follow this  

RESTRICTED USER ACCOUNT - FS2002

Can anyone assist me? Each time I try to load FS2002 it comes up with a message `unable to run from a restricted user account. Pleaseuse an account such as administrator` Can anyone explain to me what the problem is and how I can resolve it please. I would be most gratefulYours John

It would appear you are trying to load the app on a 32-Bit OS such as NT4, Win2000, or WinXP.In any case, for these OS's that have a "rights" system you must use a login that has appropriate rights. For XP that would be the "owner" login, for Win2000 & NT4, Administrator. Of course NT4 would be a bad, bad choice for FS2002, but thats a whole other topic! :)Cheers,bt

Windows 2000/XP install eh?You need to log into the machine with the primary user (Administrator etc), not a standard userid that has been restricted down in permissions. It is also possible that you can have your privledges elevated enough to run it, but I'm not sure what it will need access to...Should you be playing at work? :-lolRay

You can also "right click" on the FS2002 icon, and select "run as" and enter "administrator" or whatever administrator account is named, and also the password and that should allow it to run.I had the same problem before, for a temporary work around I did the above. Also the more restrictive an account the less resources are used, thus more available to FS2002. I also created a user account CONTROL PANEL -> USER ACCOUNTS and create a new user there with the needed permission to run programs.If you need any other help, please, send me a message and I can walk you thru it!!Mind you, this will only work if you are using WINDOWS 2000 or WINDOWS XP. Which are you running?Hope I was able to help.http://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssig.jpg

I`m using Window 98SE. Can you assist further??John

In my opinion, you would not see a message such as that using Win98. In my experience, it cannot assign rights or permissions to files or file services. What could be happening is you are trying to install to a network drive, where they can and do assign permissions.What drive are you installing to?bt

Exactly. I found that making the cfg files read only will give this error. WinXP in my case.Ed Green, KCLTegreen1@carolina.rr.com

Thats strange... I just started getting it too and I run Win98 :(

Hmm...Now that is interesting. I run Windows ME as well as Windows XP Pro on my PC, but I have never encountered that message before.Ok a few questions:1. Are you on a network?2. Is your PC authenticating (Signing onto) a server?3. Did you do anything recently to make system changes? (ie. install new software, other than FS)4. Are you running Antivirus software? If so which one?5. Are you using any sort of firewall software? Zone Alarm, Blackice?Anything you can think about let me know. I will research and check back soon.(ADDED AT EDIT)Try running fs2002 directly from its folder usually:(go there in windows explorer!!)C:>program filesmicrosoft gamesfs2002fs2002.exeSee if it will run from there.http://www.forefrontgrp.com/jayssig.jpg