Sign in to follow this  

How is Fly! II doing these days??

David, I'm sorry you went this way with this thread. I respect your work a great deal.But now the slams get worse.I did look over the posts. Did I go back through 1000 posts? No. I didn't think it was going to be so diffcult to answer my inquiry.You think I slammed the Fly community with what I said?? Nothing is farther from the truth. No flames, no ill will, no foul language. Heck, I started getting good responses AFTER I posted the the one you quote from.So, a basic inquiry will go with no responses, but what you all percieve to be a slam starts generating posts.?? As I said, I was no bump on a log testing this thing before it came out. It wasn't just POST release efforts that made this sim, you know that. I have the utmost respect for RH and team. I never said it was a POS sim...ever. But it still needed work. I asked what had been accomplished. THATS ALL. I fail to see any disrespect in my posts. Your post is the worst slam in this thread. Uncalled for, especially from you.If I do revisit this sim, and I probably am, I will obviously have to create a new account here at Avsim. Thanks for the warm welcome back. Jeez....

Thanks Johnny. As I have admitted to, I guess I didn't make myself clear about what I was looking for information wise. I have seen many trolls, and maybe mine looked like another one, but it wasn't. I'm glad you got that from my subsequent posts.

Guest DSandberg

You're absolutely right that you didn't use any foul language. But as far as ill will goes, your statement "Me thinks little has changed since its release" is an insult to everyone who has been involved on moving it along since its release.You wouldn't have needed to go back through anywhere near 1000 posts to find out that more than a little has changed in the last year. Indeed, the very first post on the first page should have made it clear than things have been changing significantly. When instead someone posts that "little has changed" when even a scant thirty seconds of actually reading existing forum messages would have sufficed to show them otherwise, I for one get the impression that the person in question dropped by the forum solely looking for an opportunity to slam the sim rather than being truly interested in finding out what's been happening with it.If that impression was wrong I apologize, and in any event I hope you'll be taking a fresh look at the sim. But I also hope you'll try to understand why some people have been offended by your "little has changed" statement.[br][br]http://www.usinternet.com/users/mystic/infomsig.gif

Ed,To tell the truth, your first response put me off too - I thought you might be trolling, but I took a chance that you might have been looking for details so I crossed my fingers and responded in that manner. Glad it was helpful.I thinks it's safe to say this is still one of the most helpful and friendly places in simdom. You'll find a lot of familiar Fly!ers and a lot of new ones - what is really heartening is to see so many new users making a big impact in support and development.So welcome back (keep your current sign-on). In the "old days" mine was Capvideo.

Randall Rocke

Thanks Randall, obvious from the posts thats its my fault. David's post was really a knife in the side to me. I'm a native New Yorker, not everything sounds the way it was meant.I'm sorry I have to continue this thread by "Digging out" from something I apparently missed. My original post gained few views (6?)and nearly no responses. But once this thread got going....well...look at the views now. Unintentional for sure.My "newbie" name probably didn't help. (But I'll probably still change it at this point).

Guest DSandberg

Ouch. I certainly didn't mean to be a "knife in the side" ... maybe just a "poke in the ribs"? Anyway, the hatchet can be buried here if you're willing. And there's certainly no need to go changing usernames or anything ... everybody has an off night now and then where they misunderstand someone, or are misunderstood themselves. Maybe tonight was one of those for me.Regarding the "newbie username", I don't actually have any idea who you might be, or what name you used to post under. Probably I've just forgotten. Don't take that as a reflection on you ... the last year of my life has been a little on the turbulent side, and flight sims have not been at the top of my list.[br][br]http://www.usinternet.com/users/mystic/infomsig.gif

David, Flight Sims have not been on the top of my list either. I don't expect you to know my name as I have not contributed anything Post Beta due to lack of talent. And during beta, well, I was one of many voices.I ask Ken or Tom to remove this thread. It went south quick and served little purpose. I doubt anyone would disagree. And newcomers need not experience this. I'll accept all blame here and will return with a little more tact and a new name.Sorry for any grief. I do appreciate the sim, the team, and all those that have contributed since Fly! 1.Lets delete this thread please.