Sign in to follow this  

How to BUG the B33 Altimeter....????

In #7 of the Main Panel directions, Geof say that "the striped object(in the altimeter gauge) is an altitude bug that I can move to set an altitude......."I give up. How do you move the bug so you can select an altitude setting. I know you can pre-select the altitude with the Runway/NAV Aid Window. But I am not wanting to use this window because it locks up my program when I do, and/or brings up that dreaded MS "ERROR REPORTING" window which is an aggravation because they (MS) never do anything even after the 10,001 reports they have gotten from this harrassment!! So, if I could find out how to set my altimeter with the Bug, it would be appreciated.Cheers,Nick

I guess I was pretty unclear about that-I'll have to rewrite that part. That is a $30 deal from sporty's that you set by hand so you don't have to write the altitude down-it has no other function than that.What I should have said is "it is an altitude bug that I can move to indicate an altitude, and is non functional in fs"The stec autopilot doesn't have altitude select-it is very simple-level out wherever you are, push alt , and if you are resonably trimmed you will hold there-and if not the lights on the right will tell you how to trim. Once you get used to it, it is quite elegant. I have tried the later stec model with the vsi settings, and altitude select etc.-but you spend so much time fiddling with it I almost like mine better!Sorry about the confusion.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

OK Geof, got it. Thanks for the fast reply. No wonder I couldn't get that pole/bug to move!! I kept looking for an adjust knob around the rim of the Alt.Thanks again, and cheers,Nick