Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

Terrascene disappearing and realistic zoom

Guys, sorry for all the questions, but here comes two more.Why is it that FlyII sometimes misses overlapping terrascened areas?Is there anything that can be done to prevent this from happening.It's funny, but in my previous install, the terrascened areas worked fine. I did a reinstall, and now I am getting some areas ok, and some don't show up.My final question today...what is the most realistc zoom setting?Thanks again,Tony (desperately seeking answers in Miami)

In the above post I meant to say adjacent areas, not overlapping.thanks,Tony in Miami

Tony,First of all, TerraScene sceneries cannot overlap and work properly. There is a small amount of buffer (or overlap) necessary for a globe tile to load and that is built into TerraScene, but if adjacent sceneries are created including some identical 1/4 tiles, they will not allow the next scenery to load when flying certain directions. Make sure that you always "snap to grid", make your sceneries a globe tile at a time, and never include the same 1/4 tiles or you will run into problems.The zoom setting is a tough one. For Fly! I leave it at 2.00, but for Fly!II, I run it at 2.67. When Fly!II first came out, there was a lot of dialogue on this and I believe we finally settled on 2.67 - but, that was some time ago and I can't find anything in my notes about it. You'll probably get some other opinions on this.

Randall Rocke

Randall, first off, thanks for helping and sharing your knowledge with everyone in these forums.Dumb question...One globe tile...is that the larger division outlined in white in the terrascene map?Tony in Miami

Actually, the globe tile rectangles are outlined in black solid lines. The 1/4 tiles that make them up are outlined with a "dashed line", black over land and white over water.

Randall Rocke