Sign in to follow this  
Leen3131cs

Belgian L18C

Hi Leen,Once it is on AVSIM, I will download this one ...how can I miss that one as a Belgian simflyer ...good job.I have also notice the nice scenery in your picture. Can you tell me if this 'tile' is part of Paul van Roy's 'Rotterdam' scenery ?In case it is not, which scenery did you use and is it available on AVSIM.Thanks for informing, MarcP.S. Note that all Belgian airplanes have 'OO-' as starting letters ...might be considered in your final release ...OO-LE77

Hallo Marc,About the scenery, YES this is Paul`s scenery.About the registration ,NO ,this registration is correct.All Belgian planes have the registration OO-as startingletters.But they HAD OL- as well.I try to find interesting planes to reproduce and do a lot of research.Everyone can be mistaken,so can I .This time I think , I am not mistaken,but keep me sharp,I am not perfect at all.Your FLY-friendLeen de Jagerps Have a loot at:http://ibelgique.ifrance.com/baha2/Webpage...c_super_cub.htm

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Hallo Leen,Thanks for your reply; I think you are right ...I have learnt something new this evening too !!!Have a nice WE, Marc

Leen, I'm really amazed at how fast you do these re-paints. I have the Private PA-28-161 Warrior II v1.0 that was a repaint. I'm not quite sure if you did this one or not.I like the Belgian that your in the process of finishing right now. I'm partial to the smaller aircraft. Guess that comes from having had the chance to fly a couple of them. Take a look at the picture I've posted. Do you see how the paint scheme is aged in appearance? Is this a hard technique to do?I would like to learn how to do repaints. I have a post in the develpoers forum awaiting a reply back on it. There use to be a website called FSTerminal.com. Evidently they have shut down or moved elsewhere. It was suppose to have some really good tutorials on it. I was peeking at some of the files in the aircraft folder in FlyII!. I used the program called Fly Graphics that a fellow named Elrond came up with. I have several different types of graphic and 3d type programs at hand. I know it would sound like a big project to undertake for the first time. I would like to be able to put together one of the old time WWII bombers, either the B-17 or B-29. Any way I didnt mean to get so long winded. I always tend to do that. Keep up the great. :)TonyFlyII! ver. 2.40Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 41.09ECS K7S5A SOCKETA /DDR/ATX MB, DDR SRAM 128MB PC-2100 266MHZ MEMORY ,AMD ATHLON T-BIRD 1.2GHZ 256K FSB266 PGA , NVIDIA GEFORCE2 MX-400 64MB AGP

Hi, Tony.The Warior you have, I did`nt do.Last week I did a Warrior in KLM colors.You can download this one at the SIMVOL site.You asked how to make things look old.It is the same as when you paint a portrait of an old house.Just paint it looking old.I do just repaints, making a new flying model is something completely different.My advise is to start repainting first , that`s hard enough.Painting programs are very complex , I use Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop.It sounds strange ,but I seldom use the colorpicker to chose a colorfrom the palette.Mostly I use Gammacorrection techniques.The Belgian L18c on top of this thread has no camouflage.The real one has ( look sharp at the picture of the real thing).I added the camouflage afterwards using Gammacorrection.Adding the camouflage- part took me only about 15 minutes.My advise : Take a deep breath and JUST START.Regards

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

"I do just repaints, making a new flying model is something completely different.My advise is to start repainting first , that`s hard enough.Painting programs are very complex , I use Paint Shop Pro and Photoshop."Leen, I have both of these programs. What do you use to unpod or access them from within the aircraft pod folder? Do you just extract them using the pod viewer that comes with FlyII? TonyFlyII! ver. 2.40Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 41.09ECS K7S5A SOCKETA /DDR/ATX MB, DDR SRAM 128MB PC-2100 266MHZ MEMORY ,AMD ATHLON T-BIRD 1.2GHZ 256K FSB266 PGA , NVIDIA GEFORCE2 MX-400 64MB AGP

Hi Tony,>>Do you just extract them using the pod viewer that comes with Fly? YES I do.Podview for unpodding.FlyGraphics for converting.Podcreator for creating pod`sPiece of old Dutch-cheese , a glass of wine and nice music recommended.Bye.

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Leen, Ok thanks I really appreciate the information. I hope I havent been to much of a bother. I will give it a try, but I will never be as good as the rest of you guys. Thanks again.TonyFlyII! ver. 2.40Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 41.09ECS K7S5A SOCKETA /DDR/ATX MB, DDR SRAM 128MB PC-2100 266MHZ MEMORY ,AMD ATHLON T-BIRD 1.2GHZ 256K FSB266 PGA , NVIDIA GEFORCE2 MX-400 64MB AGP

>> but I will never be as good as the rest of you guys. Thanks again.Nonsense !!I started 8 months ago , and did`nt know anything about painting.When I can do it most peaople can do it.GreetsLeen de Jager

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints