Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

Remember VolNav?(pics)

Guest tonyc

Well, Didier has been working hard to provide some great new features. For example, the ability to have FLY2 on "persistent World", thereby providing the ability to fly, land and use VOLnav to file another flight plan without having to reaload FL2. Also, a quick button will give you the airport where you landed .tony

Guest chezz

Tony, I hope there's a English version of this utility.chrisrpll

Guest tonyc

this is such an easy (and free) program to use that one can do it intuitively. Keep in mind that the existing version on Simvol is still the first beta. I have been working with his latest beta in which you can see the screens. In the next few days I will describing how I have been using this program and provide pictures as well. Again, we were told that an English version would be available, but I am not the one to ask.tony

Guest tonyc

the new VOlNav will enhance flight planning for FLY2 in very exciting ways. If you look at the screen above, you will see two buttons as well as checkboxes. These items will provide you with the option to add autoweather and/or "Persistent world" to bring your simming experience closer to the real thing. Here's how I do it:1. decide where I want to fly.2. how many stops will the plane make, and do I expect to make them in one single session?3. This time I have decided to fly from kpvd to kbdr and after unloading some cargo continue to klga for then a return to kpvd.4. With VolNav I enter all of these points, click the Autoweather check box, click the Weather button right next to it, which brings up Infometar with which I download the weather. I then save the flight planit as a generic flight plan, let's say, "FLight.sit". I do this so that I don't clutter the situation folder with lots of flight plan names.5. When I load FLy2, I load the "saved situations", I click on " Flight.sit" and FLY2 places the plane at the aiport with weather loaded automatically.6. Once the gps is on, I verify that the flight plan is correct and now I am ready to go.7. At this point, I change the "startup mode" to "Persistent World".This will give me the ability to land at an airport between the departure and destination, leave FLY2, and go back to it later to continue the flight where I left off.8. In fact, VolNav provides you with the ability to check where you last landed so that if you want to change your flight plan, you can do so without having to restart the "situation". this is the innovative and powerful feature of VolNav. Immagine that you've landed at an airport and now , becasue of bad weather , you need to go elsewhere. With VolNav, you simply change the flight paln and when you get back to FLY2 you'll find it in the gps.In the next few days I will elaborate some more on this, but I hope you ask me questions on this so that we can prepare FLYers for this great upcoming release.tony

>I hope there's a English version of this utility. Of course there will be an english version but the ROTW member who help me for the translation is very busy with new other products of ROTW.Be patient ;) Didier

Guest tonyc

Autoweather will have a few changes. Upon loading autowether , you will know where the plane is located relative to the Infometar weather plan. I'm experimenting with sound also to make the experience of getting in the cockpit less lonely. tony