Sign in to follow this  

Loss of terrain out of cockpit window

I have suddenly lost the view of the the terrain out the cockpit windows. All I see is blue sky and a half moon. If I use the camera views I can see the runways and terrain normally, but out of the cockpit it is all blue sky. I am not sure how I lost it, though I had just updated the nav data using AUST_DEX110 which I had downloaded from AVSIM and installed. I had flown a flight or two with no difficulty with the terrain. I am wondering if I have inadvertently hit some combination of keystrokes which disabled it?Before I reinstall everything, I thought I would ask for help. Any suggestions?

It sounds like maybe you have zoomed out all the way. Try pressing CTRL & - key a couple of time and see what happens if anything.TonyFlyII! ver. 2.40Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 41.09ECS K7S5A SOCKETA /DDR/ATX MB, DDR SRAM 128MB PC-2100 266MHZ MEMORY ,AMD ATHLON T-BIRD 1.2GHZ 256K FSB266 PGA , NVIDIA GEFORCE2 MX-400 64MB AGP

G'day Larry,Are you talking about ALL cockpit views or only the forward view.You can adjust the perspective of your view (seat height)from the cockpit by using the "]" key (to raise)and Shift ] (to lower).You somehow may have lowered the seat too much so that all you see is sky. Try tapping the ] key a few times (raises seat) and see if that cures your problem.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Roger and Tony: Thanks for your prompt replies. Roger has identified my problem. I now have my terrain back. I had been trying Shift-] and/or Control-] to raise the seat which were the wrong key sequences. I tried to find this in the Fly! II Users Guide and couldn't find it. You have saved me a great deal of time and effort! Larry