Sign in to follow this  
dkohl

C4TO and "External" Flight Plans

I understand C4TO uses the flight plans built with Fly!2's internal flight planner. Can I get it to function with Flight plans built by FSBuild, or by the new planner by ROTW? Or for that matter, by flight plans manually modified with the PMDG flight management computers on board the 757 or 777 aircraft?-DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

David,Someone who's been using FSBuild with C4TO will have to give you the specifics, but I can verify that there was a series of posts a while back where this was done with great success. That person may have even uploaded a program or utility to make all of this possible.As I recall, they were using the PMDG B757, FSBuild, C4TO, and Infometar.

Randall Rocke

Hi again - I just remembered some stuff:I believe the person who posted on this was Tony Cervone - he created a program called "Autoweather" whereby metars would be automatically integrated into Fly!II with an FSBuild scenario for changing weather effects along your flight path.I just checked out the readme on his utility, and it mentions that FSBuild should be configured to export flight plans into Fly!II. Though he doesn't mention using C4TO in this commentary, I believe he mentioned in his posts that he had. You might want to post to him and see if he responds.

Randall Rocke

Like alot of the other things in life, the answer is yes and no...C4TO takes whatever waypoints it is given. When it gives you vectors around traffic it gives you the proper vectors back on course. So it actually works pretty well. However...FSBuild will build a fight plan using designated runways but that part doesn't transfer over to FLY!II. C4TO makes a runway call based on wind info, so it will give you IFR approach to any runway regardless of whether it has IFR capability or not. I fly into and out of KTXK (Texarkana, ARK) a lot. It has two runways but only one IFR approach. Invariably I get vectored IFR onto the runways without IFR capability. Other than that though, it works well. I do find it better than the internal flight planner.

Some info about Texarkana - KYXK has three IFR approaches: Rwy 22 (an ILS approach), Rwy 4 (a Localizer Back Course), and Rwy 13 (a VOR approach. In the real world you are assigned a runway based on the prevailing surface wind, regardless of the type of IFR approach it has, so C4TO is doing a pretty good job of duplicating the real world.Though the controller in C4TO says "intercept the localizer" (for an ILS), you could also use the vector in many cases to intercept the back course localizer or VOR radial.

Randall Rocke

So if I'm understanding this, if one creates a flight plan using FSBuild, C4TO will "read" the FSBuild-generated plan. And with the exception of the runways, C4TO will observe the waypoints in the plan.Will Fly!2 will interpret the flight plan from FSBuild and populate the vector-map window? GPS or Hawker FMC as well?I haven't yet used FSBuild, but downloaded it recently and was preparing to read the directions and start using this program. Although I may hold off given ROTW's latest addition to flight planning.I guess then I would have the same questions about ROTW's planner.-DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.