Sign in to follow this  

Questions from an "ancient" Fly2! user...

Guest jcomm

Now that I am decided about buying Fly2! again and reinstalling it in my PC, I would like to remember some details of the simulation, and also to check if some annoying bugs have been corrrected by the latest patch:1) Is it possible to define winds at various FLs + Ground Level? How many wind layers can be defined?2) Did the HSI get fixed in the Bell 407? Is it functional now?3) Does rain/snow affect the behaviour of aircraft on the runway? In a word... are contaminated rws simulated?Thx for your answers...

G'day Jose,A lot has happened with all the patches for Fly! II. If you are interested in the latest changes then read the thread on page 2 of this forum titled "How's Fly!II going these days.??"1. Winds are fully configurable. Up to 16 layers with different heights, strengths, and directions.2. Don't know about the HSI in the Bell3. There is a setting for aircraft traction to accurately simulate runway conditions so I guess the answer to your question is yes. I haven't done any personal testing of the feature but as far as I'm aware it is functional.HELICOPTERS DON'T FLY! - THE EARTH REJECTS THEM! :-)Cheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest jcomm

I am buying it tomorrow!!! (for the second time in my life, and, this turn I hope forever!!!)Thx!

Guest jcomm

Bought it!!!Installed, following the precious indications found at this FORUM. The last machine I used tu run Fly! and Fly2! was an AMD K6@300MHz, with a Geeforce 2 MX 32MB graphics card.Now, I have (an already old-fashioned...) P iv @ 1,7 GHz + Ti 4200 Geeforce 4 (128MB), and 640MB RAM!!! WHOW!!!!!! Fly2! flies on my system at 1024*748 32bit!!!I haven't had the time to test each and every aircraft, but I did fly a few circuits around SFO, and boy, how far I have been from feeling almost like flying the real thing!!! I LOVE FLY!2!!!

Guest Josve

Nice you got it up and running!!ps: just a little tip....take a copy of the entire fly2 folder so you canuse that if something goes wrong in a later stage.Since Fly2 don't uses the registry it's no problem doing so.Johnny"I'LL BE BACK"[div align=center]http://www.avsim.com/hangar/fly/josve/zone.jpg ][/div

Guest jcomm

Thx Josve, for the HINT!!!!I will do it as soon as I arrvive home tonight!!!