Sign in to follow this  

Zoom Factors

Guest Kurt

>Too bad there is not something in between 2.67 and 3.20.Try adjusting the min and max CameraZoom settings in the fly.ini file.minCameraZoom=8192maxCameraZoom=49152minCameraZoom=10922maxCameraZoom=65536Kurt M

G'day Kurt,Hey that gives a zoom factor from 1.0 to 6.0 The intermediate steps I am interested in are 2.09 2.40 2.82 3.43Wow custom zoom factors!!! :-)Thanks for the tip Kurt. You have certainly opened up food for thought on this thread.Cheers,Roger @YSSY

G'day all,Just been doing some testing and it seems that when ascending zoom factors are being selected starting from 1.0 then the original zoom factors are used.when descending factors are being selected starting from 6.0 then the new values are used.So we have the best of both worlds :-)more testing to docheers,Roger @YSSY

Guest Dean

>I am willing to give receipe how to do it >provided someone is really interested and have good >understanding of high school algebra. Well that would preclude me!:-lol I remember when Michael "published his white paper" on zoom levels for the original Fly. I did find the increased zoom level he suggested looked better then the default Fly setting. I've been using 229 ever since. Funny thing, in the other sim, everyone recommends a lower zoom number, around .76, for the V/C but I prefer the default setting for those few A/C I actually use the V/C in.

Dean,Since I published my "white paper" I refined both my thinking and my computation. I have no idea if 2.67 still applies to FLY. Every zoom setting should be calculated for specific panel. I never use VCs so I have no idea about it. But for the 767PIC the best zoom is around 0.71 - I guarantee it.Michael J.http://hifi.avsim.net/activesky/images/wxrebeta.jpg