Sign in to follow this  
Guest dajackman

Iberia 747-300

Somebody help me clarify something here. A lot of the repaints of the 747-300 that are in the library at Avsim, include reference to the original Iberia 747-300. Saying that this is needed to use the repaint. Ok,try and do a search for the Iberia 747-300. You will come up with nada. I did find a Quantas Boeing 747SP that lists Roberto VIGETTI - Jean SABATIER as the authors. Is this the original that is being spoke of? Or has the original been removed? Either I'm spelling wrong or the entry into the library is listed as something else. Anybody have a correct entry or url for it? TonyFlyII! ver. 2.40Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 41.09

Johnny, Thanks that is the one I was talking about. Its the Quantas 747. I thought that may have been the correct one. But I didnt want to chance messing anything up. I'm just wondering where the ID for Iberia 747-300 came from? It could confuse someone looking for it in the library when it doesnt exist under that title. I know it had me scratching my head. lol Thanks again. :)TonyFlyII! ver. 2.40Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 41.09

.G'day Tony, All Boeing 747-300 series repaints are based on the "B747-300 Iberia"by Jean Sabatier and Roberto Vigetti.All Boeing 747SP repaints are based on the Qantas Boeing 747SP (REPAINT) that I did. (don't ask! it's a long story :-) )This was my first attempt at a repaint and my repaint had an updated texture file, by Jean and thus it became the base model for all future repaints.PS you have mailCheers,Roger @YSSY

Roger, Clear as muddy water. :)Thank you for the tutorial via email. Sorry I havent got back sooner. Ive been crawling around the house with a slipped disc. Matters could be worse though. Back to the 747-300 issue. I'm getting a CTD when I try to select Sir Frank Whittle KLM 747-300. I have the update for the QANTAS B747SP which I'm led to believe is the correct version. Can you clarify this for me? If this is the correct one then it could be a simple matter of a corrupt download of one of the files. Here's the ctd I get when trying to load with this aircraft. I tried removing all hst files and autosav file, just in case this is brought up. TonyFlyII! ver. 2.40Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 41.09ECS K7S5A SOCKETA /DDR/ATX MB, DDR SRAM 128MB PC-2100 266MHZ MEMORY ,AMD ATHLON T-BIRD 1.2GHZ 256K FSB266 PGA , NVIDIA GEFORCE2 MX-400 64MB AGP

Hi TonyI believe you are looking for the following itemtitle: B747-300 IberiaFile fly2_B747_3P.zip (3964KB)Go to the library. Select the 'TRI FLYII aircraft' section and search for the Keyword B747. It should be in the middle of the page.The one you got (QANTAS) is for the 747SP line.Jean

Jean, Thank you Thank you !!!!!!!!This is the one I was looking for and just couldnt find it. I tried every entry except for the B747. Thank you again. :-jumpyTonyFlyII! ver. 2.40Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 41.09ECS K7S5A SOCKETA /DDR/ATX MB, DDR SRAM 128MB PC-2100 266MHZ MEMORY ,AMD ATHLON T-BIRD 1.2GHZ 256K FSB266 PGA , NVIDIA GEFORCE2 MX-400 64MB AGP

Guest dajackman

I understand your fustration, been there myself. We should encourage the repainters to include a link to the required addons/aircraft in their documentation. That would help us out a lot. Plus, I am always in a big hurry to try a new repaint or airplane!!