Sign in to follow this  
dkohl

Aircraft Panel Designers: Fix for Pilatus Requested

There are two "bugs" in the Pilatus. I completely lack the skills to fix this, so I was hoping someone might be able to take over the project.First, the "flap speed warning" light appears to stay lit inappropriately. Some combination of using internal panel lights and cabin lights turns it off, but then I have not noticed it functioning at all when its supposed to (flap speed exceeded).Second, I learned last week that the propeller speed is supposed to be constant at 1700 RPM, but that the plane take input from my CH Pro Yoke prop control (thus enabling an adjustment up or down that is not realistic). I searched through some of the files, but couldn't figure out how to remove the input functionality for this plane so that the prop would remain fixed at 1700 RPM as it is supposed to, according to the manual.This is one of my favorite planes. I'd love to see these two bugs addressed and hoped someone might be able to do so.-DKPS: Integrating the fix with R Vigetti's "Aircraft Centerpost" fixes would be great too, but I don't want to go overboard.----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Jeez... no takers on this?-DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest swathdiver

I've been looking into the light but have not figured it out. I don't have a yoke but can't you just clear the level in the keys setup? Hmmm... Tastes Like Chicken!

Hi David,I just tried the pilatus and you are right about the bugs.I think the 'flap warning' hasn't been fixed, but the 'propeller speed' is fixed, and it works perfect for me. (stays exactly at 1700 rpm). Unfortunately I can't remember the name of the file, but if you search the library at avsim, I'm sure you'll find it.Also I would definately recommend Rob Young's fix which is calledpilatus_fix.zip if you haven't used it yet.Hope this helps,Rodger

Guest dajackman

I would love to see the TBM get the CTD bug fixed. I still love that TBM for VFR though!!

Guest Fly II Pilot

David,Here you can find the FLAP fix you requested. Simply place this PILATUS.AMP file in your WORLD directory. Be aware that this will override any other fixes since I used the original PILATUS.POD file.http://members.cox.net/aamigorena/PILATUS.AMPIf you like the fix you can copy it onto a newer version of the .AMP file. Everything that I added is under the FLAP CONTROL section. Basically, I used two genM comparisons, one for 15

Guest swathdiver

Thanks for the fix! If it's ok with you I'd like to include it in my repaint I'm working on. I've also fixed some other things like where the contrails form at altitude and lightened the background for the clock. I'm getting detailed but have you noticed that the fan, a/c system, etc. don't show an amperage load on the dash? Can the values be added by the line? Any idea where to find the actual values?Thanks!Hmmm... Tastes Like Chicken!

Guest Fly II Pilot

Swathdiver (name?),I have no problem with you including this fix.As far as the Amps for the fan, a/c, etc., they can be added with the tag, here are the C/B values (max values) for some of these components:Cabin Heater, 70 AmpsFlood Fan, 15 AmpsVents Fans, 15 AmpsOxygen, 3 Amps`I also noticed that the fuel pumps and the ignition don't seem to be behaving as they should. I'll try to take a look at the logic and see if I can fix it.Looking forward to your repaint!!!Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce4 Ti4600 8xAGP 128MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USBhttp://home.earthlink.net/~finsdad/FlyII/p..._aamigorena.jpg

Guest swathdiver

Great! Thanks for the info! I've run out of time, there's so much left to do. Going on vacation and hope to have the plane done by mi-August now.JamesHmmm... Tastes Like Chicken!

Guest spenik

And I would love to see the "tbm subsystem not registered" CTD fixed, an excellent plane, but no- can-use :-(

Guest dajackman

Its very usable for VFR. I use it almost 95% of the time. I just wish I could log some IFR time in it :(

I'm looking forward to trying this one out...-DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v44.03, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

Guest swathdiver

Alejandro, Back from vacation and have some time to work on the .amp file. So far no good. Even changing the existing values gets ignored. .NFO file is correct. Maybe I've added the tags to the wrong place or is there another file that works with this? Maybe something to do with the essential, non-essential buses and battery? Ever notice when starting that before engine start the battery has a higher load, no loads at all once engine starts and switched over once the generators are turned on?James Hmmm... Tastes Like Chicken!