Sign in to follow this  

FLYII Revisited with new CPU\Mobo!!

I just upgraded my computer after two years - I decided to take a look at FLYII again with the new patch and my new computer. All I can say is WOW I am really impressed with FLYII.Now I don't mean to start a this sim vs that sim debate, but I was always dissappointed with FLYII with my old system compared to the other sims because I had to run FLYII with the sliders set back. Even with all the sliders set back I could not even use the PMDG777. I finally got a setup now that I can run FLYII with all the sliders set to MAX and the visibility set to MAX. All I can say is that FLYII is like an entire new sim. I was also very dissappointed with FLYII when used with METAR weather. The weather did not seem very realistic. All that has changed with the new patch however. In fact the METAR weather is just fantastic with the default clouds or JURES clouds (which I highly recommend).Using terrascene, with all the settings maxed out really produces some amazing looking scenery that looks as good as all the other sims if not better. No blurrys if you know what I mean.The point I am trying to make is that if you have a high mid-to-high range system I seriously recommend checking out FLYII again or buying it. I'll admit, if you have to set the sliders back with a mid range system you might be better off sticking with FS2k2. But FLYII is really something else if you can max out everything.Here are my system specs:P4 2.53 ghz w/DDR400 and GF4ti4400 128MBEven though this is a new system for me I would have to concede that my system is probably the minimum hardware you need to run FLYII with all settings maxed out and still maintain 30+ fps under all flying conditions. FLYII is not dead. It really kicks butt on a decent machine!! Between terrascene and terramodels I am really loving this sim. Thanks again Richard and the BETA team for the final patch. I like this sim so much I am thinking of even purchasing the PMDG 757 now!!kristian nader

Guest dajackman

Same here...I just upgraded my system also. It's nice to be able to run some of the great scenery you see others posting in here.....Enjoy!

Yeah, Its great to see FLYII as how it was intended to be. I just got done re-terrascening all of south florida and I just love it. The original FLY was my favorite sim of all time. FLYII at release was sort of a let down. The bad thing was that when FLYII came out I had a top of the line fastest system out at the time and it could barely run FLYII at the minimumn settings. Now two years later I got a decent system and can finally enjoy FLYII in all it's glory.Also, I can enjoy FS2k2 and FU3 with all settings to max as well. I'm looking forward to finally being able to enjoy FLYII though.knader

As the hardware becomes faster and more affordable , I can see a lot of people saying the same thing, and development efforts continue for Fly! 2.Isn't that a nice thought? :)

Guest dajackman

Ok people, let terrascene the globe!

One suggestion I had a long time ago and maybe you could do this for your website was to setup a TERRASCENE exchange forum where people can list what they have already TERRASCENED and people can exchange CD ROMS. I have Florida almost completely terrascened as well as the Pacific northwest. I'd be glad to burn them to CD for someone and exchange for some terrascenery they have.