Sign in to follow this  

FS-Import problems

Hi all, yesterday I converted EGPH (Edinburgh) from FS2k2 to Fly2. FS-Import worked fine an the scenerey has been installed properly IMO.But while flying around the airport there is nothing to see from thescenery. Even no taxiways. Maybe it is necessary to make a clean install of Fly2 without existing Scenerys before use FSimp??Any ideas ??Thank you Olli (ETSA)System: Athlon 500Mhz 128 MB RAM GF264MB

Guest andrewluck

OlliCan you tell me the filename of the scenery you converted and I'll give it a try.Andrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

Guest Bjorn

Hi Olli!I have converted Edinburgh, and it works great.However, I only choose to convert 3-D scenery (not the taxiways),because I'm usually not satisfied with the result when tryingto convert taxiways.You don't have to have a clean install of Fly!, believe me.I have amounts of add-on sceneries, before I started to useFS Imp.Best regards Bj

Bjorn,Are you setting anything special to include different fs200x folders and subfolders to import the scenery using FS_Import? If so, what is the convention you are using?I was successful in import some taxiway signs to LAX but have not be able to import my own scenery. It seems it may be excluded somehow.

Guest Bjorn

I don't use any particular settings. I run it as it is described,i.e all default settings.I have all my add-on sceneries in one folder under FS2002.Olli, are you sure that you have used the hot key (Alt+F7) to toggleFS Import so that it show all scenery?Best regards Bj

Bjorn,Thanks for the reply. When you say you have all your fs2002 addon scenery in one folder, is it the ..FS2002ADDON SCENERY folder or another folder, such as:..Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002SCENEDBCitiesAirport.If the latter, how did you point FS_IMPORT to the new folder. You response indicates you didn't so I am assuming you may have added subfolders under ..FS2002ADDON SCENERY.That BTW is where the successful taxiway signs conversion was made from that I mentioned in my first post.

I converted two Norway Airports and the results are strange.I converted ENZV and I get runways but no taxiways. The buildings are just white outlines and so is the static aircraft. The strangerst thing is that in Microsoft Fligt Simulator I do not see any gates but in Fly II there are gates. The scenry looks different than in Microsoft Flight Simuulators.I am using the default settings in FSI Version 1.02