Sign in to follow this  

Why i don

Hi, i live in Brazil and i tried for weeks fly on the Fly2, but it impossible for me...I don

Guest Eagle

Have you tried the Big Jets in the file library here at AVSIM?

Fly! was developed as a General Aviation simulation, though its advanced developers' tools allow for designing beautiful compatible air transport aircraft with remarkable capabilities.It would be very difficult, considering the amount of work involved in designing, creating, and testing all of the systems in such aircraft without compensation for the effort and cost.Actually, the combination of Fly!II and a PMDG aircraft in many areas of the world would cost no greater than (or actually less than) purchasing FS2002 alone.

Randall Rocke

I try to get AVSIM Big jets but any have your own working system and all new gauges!On Brazil the dolar is 3,30 reais, its too high for us... Impossible to buy, with the money ofor buy the PMDG i can buy a Duron 950!!

Guest DSandberg

I can understand that. I on the other hand am only interested in GA aircraft with high systems fidelity (and to a lesser extent in medium-sized business or commuter aircraft like the Hawker or King Air, but again, only when the systems fidelity is high) ... I never bother with the commercial jetliners. So Fly II is a much better fit for me, whereas all of the hundreds of free big jets with custom panels of marginal accuracy that come out for FS2K2 don't impress me a bit. (Yes, L.A., I know you can buy jets for FS2K2 that feature relatively accurate systems, but much like the original poster I'm seldom personally inclined to spend cash on add-on aircraft.)[br]http://www.usinternet.com/users/mystic/infomsig.gif

>am only >interested in GA aircraft with high systems fidelity ... >I'm seldom personally inclined to >spend cash on add-on aircraft.) David, Difficult to argue with "no cash" approach but you will be missing BIG time with the upcoming Piper Meridian (FS). Systems fidelity ? - you haven't experienced anything like that yet.Michael J.

> (Yes, L.A., I know you can buy jets for >FS2K2 that feature relatively accurate systems, but much >like the original poster I'm seldom personally inclined to >spend cash on add-on aircraft.) >Just in case I'm the L.A.---------------- I too prefer GA aircraft in both simulations, over large commercial jets. But I DO prefer payware aircraft by a large margin. The thousands of hours of development going into these birds, shows! . For FS2002 it's nicely rendered panels by Dreamfleet, and without any doubt, Rob Young (V88's developer for FLY) has created the best simulated single engine flight dynamics..............anywhere, with RealAir Simulations Marchetti SF260.L.Adamson

Guest DSandberg

Yep, you would be the L.A. I expected to jump in. :)I accept that all of the payware aircraft you mention are as good as you suggest. But it's just hard for me to reconcile myself to spending half as much (or more!) on a single aircraft as I spent on the entire flight simulator in the first place. I never seem to be able to get past that disparity.[br][br]http://www.usinternet.com/users/mystic/infomsig.gif

>I never seem to be able to get past that >disparity. I am afraid this is called supply-and-demand. The same reason why I can pay less for flying San Francisco - London than for San Franciso - Grand Junction, Co. *:-*Michael J.

>Yep, you would be the L.A. I expected to jump in. :) >You didn't expect the "title" of the post, to slip past my "eyes" did you???? :) As for money spent---------- just consider it as an added realism, with additional expense..... simulator. L.Adamson

Hi Alec,Did you check the 707 from the AVSIM library?Nice to see you around,Keyton Cabral

Guest jjlobo

Yes, like others stated bellow, there are very good options in the Avsim library. I like in special the 707 and the 747. You also have MD80 or 83 (don't remember), 727, 737.They all have the same or more working buttons and instruments as you may find in FS2000 or 2002 and they all fly very smooth. 737 is the more nervous one, like in real life I think.Now something in Portuguese. N

Thank for all the sugestions, i will install Fly2 today and will search some goods jets to Fly for freeware..Now in Portuguese:Ae Keyton, eu sei de qual 707 voc

Alec, along with all the other posts. I just downloaded the 707 that has been transformed into a Command KC-135E Stratotanker. If you want to fly a heavy. try this one on for size. I'm a big fan of the smaller aircraft myself. I thought I would just try this one out. I love it. http://ftp.avsim.com/library/sendfile.php?DLID=21120TonyFlyII! ver. 2.40Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 41.09