Sign in to follow this  
Guest tonyc

Render.Ini settings

Recently installed a GeForce Ti 4200 128 MB video card. What render.ini settings should I use to maximize this card in Fly II?Thanks Jim

Jim, I have a 64 meg card. So I couldnt give a good example for your card. However there is a good explaination given at this site.http://saltydogfly2.avsim.net/render-ini-explained.htmTake the time to read it. TonyFlyII! ver. 2.40Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 41.09ECS K7S5A SOCKETA /DDR/ATX MB, DDR SRAM 128MB PC-2100 266MHZ MEMORY ,AMD ATHLON T-BIRD 1.2GHZ 256K FSB266 PGA , NVIDIA GEFORCE2 MX-400 64MB AGP

Tony,I checked out the material you suggested, but, I've got to admit that math ws never my strong suit. I really don't understand what the various entries in the render.ini file mean. Therefore, the Salter document was of little use.Surely, someone out there is using the same card and has the file settings that optimize the card's capabilities.933mhz processor512 mb RAMlatest Nvidia drivers

Jim, No problem with the math issue. I've sent a email to one of the other users of Fly2. They have a similar card as yours with 128 meg of ram.the will be posting their render settings here for you to look at. I see that you have your system listed as 933mhz. Is this a Pentium 3 or 4? Just curious. Also what version of Nvidia drivers are you using? Can you be more specific?TonyFlyII! ver. 2.40Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 41.09

Tony, just one question, I have a Geforce 2 mx400, and when I put the nvidia 41.09, I read that it needed directx9.0, or maybe I misred since I guess your setup works... Just curious.cheers

Tony,It's a Pentium 3 and I'm using the 40.72 version of the driver. Thanks again for the assistance.Jim

Tom, Hmmm well I guess I'm exploring unknown territory :)Works just fine. Actually since I updated with the latest patch for Fly2 and the newest drivers from Nvidia. Im back in the saddle again. I havent had any quirks or at least no major ones to speak of. Mostly operator errors of my own doing. My settings for display 800 x 600 are smooth with all details maxed out. Along with using the lower 128 poly count on the texture enhancement. Ive even been spending more time online because of higher FPS. So if I were you I would give it a try. TonyFlyII! ver. 2.40Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 41.09ECS K7S5A SOCKETA /DDR/ATX MB, DDR SRAM 128MB PC-2100 266MHZ MEMORY ,AMD ATHLON T-BIRD 1.2GHZ 256K FSB266 PGA , NVIDIA GEFORCE2 MX-400 64MB AGP

Guest tonyc

Here's a copy of my render.ini for the g3ti200 128 megs. Keep in mind that the agp aperture does play a part in how system ram is used when video ram is exceeded, thereby creating horrible pauses.tony