Sign in to follow this  

Update from Tara Harvey

Recieved the following in email from Tara this afternoon...."Please forgive this short email... I only have a small amount of time at home in which to write it. I just wanted to inform all of you that Richard is in the hospital in very serious condition. A billiary obstruction was found earlier this week that took several days and several aborted procedures to fix. Unfortunately, Richard also has an infection that they are trying to track down. His immune system is very repressed at this time, so this will be quite a task. Also, it has been discovered that the cancer has spread to several of his major organs. So we are trying to prepare Richard to return home, so that he is able to pass away in peace. I just wanted everybody to know that. Forgive me for not giving more in depth information, but I want to hurry back to the hospital to be with my husband and my family. I will update everybody when he comes home. Thanks in advance for all of the prayers... Tara Harvey "and I am lost for words...

Guest Lindy

Thank you Tara for your thoughtfulness in taking the time to write us. I'm sure it was a very difficult message to post. Please accept my sympathy and know that Richard is not lacking in support here at Avsim.-Lindy

Tara, thank you for writing that message. So sad ! :-(Be certain that the entire flightsim community, world wide, is praying for Rich in these more than difficult times. I think that if mere wishes and brainwaves could cure, he would be the healthiest man on earth.Sincerely,Francois

Francois A. 'Navman' Dumas

Posted Image

EuropeRides

... and the man's Blog

It is extremely painful to read something like that specially after meeting Richard in person barely 4 months ago.Michael J.

TaraWhat can I say? Other than Richard has been an inspiration to us in so many ways.You must be so proud to be married to such a brave, thoughtful and dignified man.Love and thoughts are with you.Peter

Guest DSandberg

(head bowed)Even though I knew how long the odds were, I still had hoped there would be a miracle and we wouldn't have to hear this.If and when his time comes, I pray that God will grant Richard a peaceful passing, and be with Tara and the rest of the Harvey family through the difficult days ahead.Rich, it's been a privilege to know you.http://www.usinternet.com/users/mystic/infomsig.gif

Guest JeffB

Tara,Thanks so much for sharing a few precious moments with us. Rich has shared so much with all of us and I want him to know how much I appreciate this.Thank you for everything you have done Rich,God Bless,Jeff

Thank you so much, Tara, for touching base with us. I wish I had been able to meet Rich personally, but I feel I know him in many other ways. Our prayers continue for you and your family.

Randall Rocke

May Richard be at peace when the time comes. At home and with family.This is definitely not the end, Richard; we go there every night when we sleep!Who knows what wonderful accomplishments you will achieve elsewhere? Such a creative spirit cannot rest forever...it must continuously create and express itself!Love,Christian Malbeuf

Tara you and Richard are truly a light upon all our lives I will prayfor all of you and I will be waiting for the day that Richard is backat home with you and your daughter. Dan

Dear Tom-if you have a chance to email Tara, or speak with her, please convey to her a brief message for Rich:"Dear Rich-we will not forget. You made a huge difference. In our small lives, you have been a leader and a guide.Soon, you'll get the chance to join all the other leaders - and get the recognition you deserve, up there!Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts!"I have no other words to say.If I can take Rich's example, I'll try to make this sad news a chance for remembrance, for the man who never wanted to be sad...

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Tara,Thank you for the update on Rich's condition. Our prayers are with you and your family in this difficult time. Please let us know if there is anything you need. We would be honored to help in any way we can.Paulhttp://www.advdigitalmedia.com/sig.jpg

Thank you Tom and Tara for the update. We have all been wanting to know how Rich is doing.Tara, I hope that you, Rich and your daughter had a great Christmas. I know how much Rich was looking forward to this one. He has fought the fight like no other. I really hope that his final days (should that become true) can be peaceful for all of you.Take care,Allen Kriesman

Tara,I am at a loss for words. I hope you, Rich and your daughter are able to spend some quality time together.Richard's legacy will forever live on.Kindest regards,Bob Lyddy

Guest Fly II Pilot

Dear Tara:Rich has been, is and will always be an inspiration to me. I, as many others, will never forget him nor what he has given us. Thank you for letting him share all that talent and time with us.Please let me know if I can help in any way.Sincerely,Alejandro, Luz Maria (and the soon to come) Joaqu