Sign in to follow this  

Ken Salter - ORD Scenery

Ken,First off I want to thank you for this file. I'm not sure if you saw a post I made 2-3 weeks ago regarding ord models referenced in dyn_kord by Javier Rodriquez. His zip file contains TM_ORD_B.S01 which references building type models at KORD. If I placed his file in DataD193160, automatic CTD. If I left this file out, I could use everthing else in his zipfile. With your ord.pod, all the models referenced in both your TM_ORD_B.S01 and Javier's are there. :-beerchug A couple of questions for you if you don't mind.1. I did a file compare of the ref. TM...S01 between yours and Javier's and found geo positions almost identical, but the Elevations and Gestalt Flags were very different;Elev: 668.0000 vs. 652.8871 and Gestalt Flags: -2147450571 vs. 33077 respectively. Why? and What does it mean?2. I also noticed in your ord.pod the three files for taxiways; ord.bgr, ord.tms and ord.txp. I looked at taxiusa.pod and found that it contains ord.bgr and ord.tms. If I leave your files in the pod, Fly seems to default to taxiusa.pod and my aircraft starts at a position on the tarmac near a building. If I unpod your three files and place in Data folder, it appears to use your file (similar to all the other taxiway d/l's I've used before) and my aircraft starts at the end of a runway. What does the ord.txp file do? and which direction is the correct way for the taxiways?Thanks very much in advanceRobert

Guest Ken_Salter

1) Probably I used different settings in TerraScene/TerraModels for elevation data. Also, I'm not sure what version of TerraModels I used, problably an old one and he used the newer one that has the Gestalt flags that the new Fly! II supports.2) I don't think I setup in sinks in the taxiway files I made, so it defaults to the runway. You can unpod my files and load them up in the taxiway editor and set these (I think).[h3]Ken Salter (aka SaltyDog)[/h3]Fly! Forum ModeratorWEBSITE ONLINE!!

Robert,The TXP file will allow you to open Ken's taxiway version and edit it - placing "source" and "sink", for instance.

Randall Rocke

Thanks to both of you for the quick and informative responses.As always my highest regards,Robert