Sign in to follow this  

P-51 , Is it now past due ?

Guest pilotsim7828

Just wondering, ? Has the P-51 been set out for release yet . ROTW Told us that it would be in time for Christmas, Then set for release on January 15th. Hate to say it , But fly ! II was not ready for release , And they sent it out the door, But It`s still been updated recently, Why havent ROTW given us some POST on how it`s coming along?, And when the next release date will be , Jeff Akins

Guest Fly II Pilot

Jeff:They must be busy finishing the P-51! ;-)Be patient and remember it's freeware...Take care, Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Guest rene_35

Is the P51D Mustang ready!YES SIR!But, we decided last week-end to increase the number of beta-testers , in order to have a maximum of points-of-view.Some of you here have been flying our bird since yesterday and will until friday evening.They have a list of things to test and will have to give us their impressions.After that, we hope to upload our baby during the next week-end.Are we late?Maybe.Is it important?Considering the circumstances, I don't think so.Ren

>Is the P51D Mustang ready! >>YES SIR! >>But, we decided last week-end to increase the number of >beta-testers , in order to have a maximum of points-of-view. >>Is it important? >>Considering the circumstances, I don't think so. >>Ren

Guest pilotsim7828

thanks for letting all of us know how it coming along; I`LL guess I will wait until next payday. You know that i would PAY to fly this one, It`s probably worth it. Knowing how long it took to build Thanks Jeff Akins

"Is the P51D Mustang ready!YES SIR!"So good to hear this. Last summer I went to a airshow. It was at the Willow Grove Air base just outside of Philadelphia, Pa.I took some pictures of several nice aircraft on display. Since your doing the P-51. I thought I might wet your appetite with a few more ideas for future work. In order of post Avenger, B-17, and F-4 I'm probably wrong on identity of these, so any one who can ID them. Feel free to. Enjoy.TonyFlyII! ver. 2.40Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 41.09

oops I posted one of these twice. Heres the F-4's.TonyFlyII! ver. 2.40Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 41.09ECS K7S5A SOCKETA /DDR/ATX MB, DDR SRAM 128MB PC-2100 266MHZ MEMORY ,AMD ATHLON T-BIRD 1.2GHZ 256K FSB266 PGA , NVIDIA GEFORCE2 MX-400 64MB AGP

Tony,I would say the middle one is a B-25 Mitchell and the last are F-16 Falcons. Thanks for the shots!

Randall Rocke

Ok I did some more research on the F-16's. These two were based with the 27th Fighter Wing, 522nd FS, Cannon AFB, NM.I found all that out just from the tail numbers. Its just amazing how much info is on the web these days. :) TonyFlyII! ver. 2.40Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 41.09

Thanks for the link - this is one of my Favorite WWII aircraft. The fact that Doolittle flew these off a carrier and bombed Japan (knowing that they couldn't get back and not knowing whether they'd even get off the deck) is really amazing.

Randall Rocke