Sign in to follow this  
Guest Josve

Panel Maker (screen shots)....

Hi,Just to let people know, (for those interested in making their own panels for Fly!II) I've just posted a few screen shots in the developers forum of a panel maker for Fly!II that I'm working on. :-)Cheers,Matthew.

Hi MatthewThis look full of potential. If only the tool saves the time to compute the positioning of the gauges, then it already worth the time you spent. I presume you will generate the PNL file from the tool.If you are still alive after this and want to make a go at generating the AMP logic from graphical icon, then I have a few ideas. How long will it take to complete the first phase ?RegardsJean

Hi Jean,Good to hear from you!Yes, the .pnl file gets generated by the programme. The programme saves the panels in it's own format, and then when the panel is ready to be used or tested in Fly!II, it's exported to the pnl format. The programme can also import panels from pnl files as well. (I'm also considering the possibility of saving individual gauges, so teams of developers could work on separate gauges etc. and just share them by e-mail).I've been thinking about a subsystems editor as well. Because of the way that I've designed the programme (reusable code, based upon the tag objects in the TRI files), this shouldn't be too difficult to make. I'd be interested to hear your ideas (but I wouldn't be able to produce anything for a few months yet probably).I'm not sure how long it will take to complete the first version of panel maker, mainly because I'm very very busy at the moment with real world stuff at the moment (I've got six exams in the next two weeks for an MSc that I'm doing!!), but a lot of the foundation work is in place, and it's possible that I might release an early beta (that doesn't inititally have support for all the TRI defined gauges) so people can have a play around with it and get used to it.Thanks for the interest :-)Matthew.