Sign in to follow this  
Guest Ken_Salter

I HAVE IT!!!! - the PMDG 757 :-)

Guest jcomm

I am already playing around with it.First thing I noticed is that it is a frame killer, and even on my new machine, with a Piv @ 1,7GHz, Geeforce 4 Ti4200 128MB, and 640MB RAM on Window XP Home, sitting at the default KSFO 28R the frames (in 1024 x 768) can get down to the 8 - 9 fps area!!! It increases if I reduce to 800 x 600!Anyway, It's far more fluid than anything I can get with M$F$2k2, and as usual Fly2! doesn't suffer from the same type of stuttering that affects MSFS...I am enjoying everything about this 757. THANKS A LOT for encouraging me to buy it - It was my best buy after IL-2 in the last year!!!Now, I haven't yet even open the manuals, but relying on my PS1-based knowledge it was piece-of-cake to get it going with the engines working. Also tried the "E" trick, and it is quite useful for learning the startup procedures - something that no other sim ever offered!!!SOme problem here:1) Why can't I get the ILS mode to work? I go to the Vector Map, chose the RW28R ILS freq and ask to tunne it, then I see it tunned on the MCP, and adjust the course knob to match the rw heading but.... my ND never displays the ILS mode (and YES, I did choose it on the ND display modes buttons, both on arc and circular ILS modes, but I only get the ND with the compass rose and NO HINT of CDI and/or GS????HEEEEELP!2) Also, can anyone help me understanding the values displayed on the screen when I hit TAB twice to get the debugging data so that I can find what I could do to improve frame rates? Or... is anyone with a system configuration close to mine:P4 @ 1,7GHz - 640 MB RAM - Geeforce 4 128MB and WindowsXP Home be kind to send me his/her own "render.ini" settings?Thx in advance for any help!!!

Guest Fly II Pilot

Jose:1) You have to tune it manually in the rear center panel (from the main panel press CTRL-DOWN ARROW a couple of times). Right underneath the TCAS/XPDR is the ILS, first put the cursor on top of the left knob, you'll see that the help label will say "Push to toggle ILS standby" and click once, a frequency (108.10 I think) will be displayed. Move the mouse cursor a little bit further down below the knob and you you'll see that the help label changes to "ILS tuning", at this point you should be able to change the frequency by left/right mouse buttons to tune the ILS frequency. Once you tune the frequency, the course will be automatically selected for you.2) Here's my render.ini (please notice that brackets have been replaced by parenthesis so that they can be displayed in this message) but you have twice as much video memory than I do so use it just as a reference point.(Graphics)premultiplyColorAndAlpha=0allowAutoMipMapping=0directTextureFlag=0mipLevelCount=6vertexIndexFormat=0(Textures)maxTextures32=15maxTextures64=16maxTextures64_565=16maxTextures128=72maxTextures128_565=999maxTextures256=20maxTextures256_565=90maxTextures512=8maxTextures512_565=2maxTextures1024=1mipMapFlag=896(NonAGP)maxTextures256_565=0(AGP)maxTextures256_565=0Enjoy!Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Guest jcomm

Alejandro,thank you again for your prompt reply. I will try your settings latter at home.Maeanwhile, I was trying to find some kind of FAQ or the like, helping newbies like me understanding the parameters set in the "render.ini" file of Fly2.Can you give me some link?Thx also for the ILS hint - stupid me....

Guest Fly II Pilot

Jose:Check your @netcabo e-mail, I just sent you some info regarding the render.iniHope it helps!Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Guest Ken_Salter

Try my web site, there is render.ini link there...[h3]Ken Salter (aka SaltyDog)[/h3]Fly! Forum ModeratorWEBSITE ONLINE!!