Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fly II Pilot

fs imp CONVERTER

I have tried for hours to make the converter for MSFS2002 files to Fly II work with results. I have followed the directions in the Readme file and always get the same error No suitable BGL found for area ADD ONs. Does anyone have any ideas. I am tring to convert the Detroit Metro ADD ON to Fly II.Also where can I find AFCAD file.

Yes I did.. Now I did not load the DTW addon into Fly II just into MMS Flight Sim 2002. I put the BGl files into the ADD on under a Scenery and Texture subfolder. Also into lthe Add on file and the main Scenery directory

Guest Fly II Pilot

Hi!This kind of problem is normally associated to not indicating the correct path in the scenery.cfg file.1) Some addon will have an installer that in addition to creating the necessary folders and copying the files to those folders, will also edit and update your scenery.cfg file. If no installer was provided you will have to edit the scenery.cfg file manually.2) Could you please post your scenery.cfg file (don't worry if the headers disappear) and also please explain the directory structure where you copied these files to.I think you're just a couple of steps away from successfully converting the Detroit Metro scenery.Don't give up...Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Hi Alejandro,I am having the same trouble with both the DTW and new MEM scenery. I did successfully convert SNA, LGB, Simflyer's LAX and MCO and MSP. I can select the DTW and MEM scenery in the list inside of FSimport but nothing seems to convert on these two sceneries. Any ideas?ThanksPaul:-cool

Paul Gollnick

Manager Customer/Technical Support

Precision Manuals Development Group

www.precisionmanuals.com

PMDG_NGX_Dev_Team.jpg

[General]Title=FS2002 World SceneryDescription=FS2002 Scenery DataClean_on_Exit=TRUECache_Size=102400K[Area.001]Title=Default TerrainTexture_ID=1Active=TRUELayer=1Required=TRUERemote=Local=scenedbworld[Area.002]Title=Default SceneryLocal=SceneryActive=TRUELayer=2Required=TRUERemote=[Area.003]Title=Airport and Facilities DataLocal=scenedbafdfilesActive=TRUELayer=3Required=TRUERemote=[Area.004]Title=Additional Facility DataLocal=scenedbATCActive=TRUELayer=4Required=TRUERemote=[Area.005]Title=Central AfricaActive=TRUELayer=5Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemafricac[Area.006]Title=Eastern AfricaActive=TRUELayer=6Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemafricae[Area.007]Title=Southern AfricaActive=TRUELayer=7Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemafricas[Area.008]Title=Eastern AlaskaActive=TRUELayer=8Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemalaskae[Area.009]Title=Western AlaskaActive=TRUELayer=9Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemalaskaw[Area.010]Title=AntarcticActive=TRUELayer=10Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemaarctic[Area.011]Title=ArcticActive=TRUELayer=11Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemarctic[Area.012]Title=Central AsiaActive=TRUELayer=12Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemasiac[Area.013]Title=Eastern AustraliaActive=TRUELayer=13Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemauste[Area.014]Title=Western AustraliaActive=TRUELayer=14Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemaustw[Area.015]Title=The AzoresActive=TRUELayer=15Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemazores[Area.016]Title=Central AmericaActive=TRUELayer=16Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemcamerica[Area.017]Title=Central CanadaActive=TRUELayer=17Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemcanc[Area.018]Title=Eastern CanadaActive=TRUELayer=18Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemcane[Area.019]Title=Northeastern CanadaActive=TRUELayer=20Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemcanne[Area.020]Title=Northwestern CanadaActive=TRUELayer=19Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemcannw[Area.021]Title=Western CanadaActive=TRUELayer=21Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemcanw[Area.022]Title=CaribbeanActive=TRUELayer=22Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemcarib[Area.023]Title=ChinaActive=TRUELayer=23Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemchina[Area.024]Title=Eastern PacificActive=TRUELayer=24Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemepac[Area.025]Title=Northwestern EuropeActive=TRUELayer=25Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemeurnw[Area.026]Title=Southwestern EuropeActive=TRUELayer=26Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemeursw[Area.027]Title=Western GreenlandActive=TRUELayer=27Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemgrnlnd[Area.028]Title=Eastern GreenlandActive=TRUELayer=28Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemgrnlnde[Area.029]Title=IcelandActive=TRUELayer=29Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemicelnd[Area.030]Title=IndiaActive=TRUELayer=30Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemindia[Area.031]Title=IrkutskActive=TRUELayer=31Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemirkutsk[Area.032]Title=JapanActive=TRUELayer=32Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemjapan[Area.033]Title=KamchatkaActive=TRUELayer=33Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemkamchat[Area.034]Title=MadagascarActive=TRUELayer=34Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemmadagas[Area.035]Title=The MideastActive=TRUELayer=35Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemmideast[Area.036]Title=New ZealandActive=TRUELayer=36Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemnewz[Area.037]Title=Eastern RussiaActive=TRUELayer=37Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemrussiae[Area.038]Title=Western RussiaActive=TRUELayer=38Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemrussiaw[Area.039]Title=SiberiaActive=TRUELayer=39Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemsiberia[Area.040]Title=The SaharaActive=TRUELayer=40Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemsahara[Area.041]Title=Eastern South AmericaActive=TRUELayer=41Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemsamee[Area.042]Title=Western South AmericaActive=TRUELayer=42Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemsamew[Area.043]Title=Southern South AmericaActive=TRUELayer=43Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemsames[Area.044]Title=ScandinaviaActive=TRUELayer=44Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemscand[Area.045]Title=Southeast AsiaActive=TRUELayer=45Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemseasia[Area.046]Title=Southeast PacificActive=TRUELayer=46Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemsepac[Area.047]Title=Southwest PacificActive=TRUELayer=47Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemswpac[Area.048]Title=Western PacificActive=TRUELayer=48Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemwpac[Area.049]Title=YakutskActive=TRUELayer=49Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbeasthemyakutsk[Area.050]Title=North Central USActive=TRUELayer=50Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemusnc[Area.051]Title=Northwestern USActive=TRUELayer=51Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemusnw[Area.052]Title=South Central USActive=TRUELayer=52Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemussc[Area.053]Title=Southwestern USActive=TRUELayer=53Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemussw[Area.054]Title=Northeastern USActive=TRUELayer=54Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemusne[Area.055]Title=Southeastern USActive=TRUELayer=55Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemusse[Area.056]Title=US Great Lakes RegionActive=TRUELayer=56Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemusgl[Area.057]Title=HawaiiActive=TRUELayer=57Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbwesthemhawaii[Area.058]Title=Hong KongActive=TRUELayer=58Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbcitieshongkong[Area.059]Title=ChicagoActive=TRUELayer=59Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbcitieschicago[Area.060]Title=TokyoActive=TRUELayer=60Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbcitiestokyo[Area.061]Title=SeattleActive=TRUELayer=61Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbcitiesseattle[Area.062]Title=San FranciscoActive=TRUELayer=62Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbcitiessanfran[Area.063]Title=RomeActive=TRUELayer=63Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbcitiesrome[Area.064]Title=ParisActive=TRUELayer=64Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbcitiesparis[Area.065]Title=LondonActive=TRUELayer=65Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbcitieslondon[Area.066]Title=New YorkActive=TRUELayer=66Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbcitiesnewyork[Area.067]Title=Los AngelesActive=TRUELayer=67Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbcitiesla[Area.068]Title=Washington, DCActive=TRUELayer=68Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbcitiesdc[Area.069]Title=BostonActive=TRUELayer=69Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbcitiesboston[Area.070]Title=BerlinActive=TRUELayer=70Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbcitiesberlin[Area.071]Title=AnchorageActive=TRUELayer=71Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbcitiesanchor[Area.072]Title=AtlantaActive=TRUELayer=72Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbcitiesatlanta[Area.073]Title=Las VegasActive=TRUELayer=73Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbcitieslasvegas[Area.074]Title=HeathrowActive=TRUELayer=74Remote=Required=FALSELocal=scenedbcitiesheathrow[Area.075]Title=AnaheimRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=75Local=scenedbcitiesanaheim[Area.076]Title=AthensRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=76Local=scenedbcitiesathens[Area.077]Title=BaltimoreRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=77Local=scenedbcitiesbaltim[Area.078]Title=BeijingRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=78Local=scenedbcitiesbeijing[Area.079]Title=CairoRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=79Local=scenedbcitiescairo[Area.080]Title=CharlotteRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=80Local=scenedbcitiescharlott[Area.081]Title=CincinnatiRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=81Local=scenedbcitiescincinn[Area.082]Title=ClevelandRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=82Local=scenedbcitiesclevela[Area.083]Title=DallasRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=83Local=scenedbcitiesdallas[Area.084]Title=DenverRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=84Local=scenedbcitiesdenver[Area.085]Title=DetroitRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=85Local=scenedbcitiesdetroit[Area.086]Title=FrankfurtRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=86Local=scenedbcitiesfrankf[Area.087]Title=HonoluluRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=87Local=scenedbcitieshonolulu[Area.088]Title=HoustonRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=88Local=scenedbcitieshouston[Area.089]Title=IndianapolisRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=89Local=scenedbcitiesindianap[Area.090]Title=JerusalemRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=90Local=scenedbcitiesjerusa[Area.091]Title=Kansas CityRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=91Local=scenedbcitieskansasc[Area.092]Title=KnoxvilleRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=92Local=scenedbcitiesknoxvil[Area.093]Title=Kuala LumpurRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=93Local=scenedbcitieskualalum[Area.094]Title=MemphisRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=94Local=scenedbcitiesmemphis[Area.095]Title=Mexico CityRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=95Local=scenedbcitiesmexicoc[Area.096]Title=MiamiRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=96Local=scenedbcitiesmiami[Area.097]Title=MinneapolisRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=97Local=scenedbcitiesminneap[Area.098]Title=MontrealRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=98Local=scenedbcitiesmontreal[Area.099]Title=MoscowRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=99Local=scenedbcitiesmoscow[Area.100]Title=MunichRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=100Local=scenedbcitiesmunich[Area.101]Title=New OrleansRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=101Local=scenedbcitiesneworl[Area.102]Title=OaklandRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=102Local=scenedbcitiesoakland[Area.103]Title=OrlandoRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=103Local=scenedbcitiesorlando[Area.104]Title=PhiladelphiaRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=104Local=scenedbcitiesphiladel[Area.105]Title=PhoenixRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=105Local=scenedbcitiesphoenix[Area.106]Title=PittsburghRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=106Local=scenedbcitiespittsbur[Area.107]Title=PortlandRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=107Local=scenedbcitiesportland[Area.108]Title=Salt Lake CityRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=108Local=scenedbcitiessaltlake[Area.109]Title=San AntonioRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=109Local=scenedbcitiessananton[Area.110]Title=San DiegoRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=110Local=scenedbcitiessandiego[Area.111]Title=St. LouisRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=111Local=scenedbcitiesstlouis[Area.112]Title=SydneyRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=112Local=scenedbcitiessydney[Area.113]Title=TampaRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=113Local=scenedbcitiestampa[Area.114]Title=TorontoRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=114Local=scenedbcitiestoronto[Area.115]Title=VancouverRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=115Local=scenedbcitiesvancouv[Area.116]Title=Airport LibrariesActive=TRUELayer=116Required=TRUELocal=scenedbasoRemote=[Area.117]Title=Generic LibrariesActive=TRUELayer=117Required=TRUERemote=Local=scenedbgenericgeneric[Area.118]Title=Vehicle LibrariesActive=TRUELayer=118Required=TRUERemote=Local=scenedbvehiclesvehicles[Area.119]Title=LandmarksActive=TRUELayer=119Required=TRUERemote=Local=scenedbcitieslandmark[Area.120]Title=Propeller ObjectsActive=TRUELayer=120Required=TRUELocal=scenedbpropsRemote=[Area.121]Title=Addon SceneryLocal=Addon SceneryActive=TRUELayer=121Required=TRUERemote=[Cache.000]Title=Default Texture CacheLocal=textureRemote=scenedbtextureActive=FALSEThis file is in Microsoft Games/FS2002/The add on dtw is in Microsoft Games/Fs2002/ADDons/KDTW/SceneryBy the way where can I find AFCAD I also want to intall the Gates for this Scenery.

Guest Fly II Pilot

Maybe I missed it but I don't see a section for your DTW scenery above. Read the readme file again, you'll see that it tells you that you must have a section or layer where you indicate the folder where the scenery resides.It would look something like this (replace parenthesis with brackets):(123)Title=KDTWRemote=Active=TRUERequired=FALSELayer=123Local=addonskdtwLet me know if I'm missing something.Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

The documentataion for the KDTW40.ZiP says to eliminate Detroit Scenery but it says Titls is MichiganSCENEB AirportsMichiganScenery. Ther is such section in my Scenery.cfg file. There is a Detroit section, it does not refer to Airports.

Guest Fly II Pilot

Titus:What it's telling you is to delete the default scenery located in scenedbmichiganscenery so it doesn't interfere with this new one.And that's the problem, the path in the scenery.cfg file is not pointing to the right location.You said you have the scenery.cfg file in your Microsoft GamesFS2002 folder. What you have to tell FS_IMP through the scenery.cfg entry is the subfolder where the scenery you installed is located. In this case it would be (relative to where the scenery.cfg file is located) addonskdtw (you don't need to specify scenery).Use the entry I suggested before and let me know how you do.Good luck!Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Guest Fly II Pilot

Paul:Do you see any of the bgl files, that make up this scenery, listed in the fs_impbg.txt file? Look at the fs_impms.txt file and see if, above the line that says the number of suitable BGL files, you see any lines that say "No suitable BGLs found for area '...' layer (the layer number for either DTW or MEM)". If you do then just double-check that the scenery.cfg file is poiting to the right location (verify spelling). You can also post your scenery.cfg file and tell me what is the directory structure where you placed the scenery.Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Guest Fly II Pilot

Titus:I don't understand what you mean by "I have no such scenery file". Could you be more specific? If you're referring to the scenery.cfg file, it's the one you posted before.Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

scenedbmichiganscenery . This default scenery I can't find it.I have another problem now. I just converted the signs for DTW. The signs showed up in FlyII when I started it,however they disapeared as soon as I started taxing. Moving the throttle lever forward made the signs disappear.

Guest Fly II Pilot

Titus:I belibe the readme file says somewhere that FS_IMP does not convert default scenery to avoid copyright issues.Press ALT-F7 to change to ALL mode, the signs should appear.Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Just for another input. I developed some scenery for KMCO using Airport for Windows, which I put in the drive:Program FilesMicrosoft GamesFS2002SCENEDBCitiesAirportScenery folder. FS_Importer would not accept it from this folder.I had a bright idea yesterday and made a copy of the *.bgls and placed them in the fs2002ADDON SCENERIES folder in a new subfolder labelled KMCO1. I then registered this new scenery folder in the fs2002 library. While FS_Importer accepted the folder from this location, it chugged along for awhile chewing at the scenery, but didn't produce a result. As another poster indicated, the only successful result using FS_Importer was for Taxiway Signs at KLAX.It seems there are exclusions of scenery areas that FS_Importer imposes. It also doesn't necessarily know what to do with some of the newer FS2002 command codes to generate acceptable scenery for FLY!2.