Sign in to follow this  

Add-on Scenery Problems

Hi all, just a few problems with some scenery and was hoping someone had a fix.1. Terramodel-Toronto Buttonville (ykz.zip, ykz_2.zip & ykzmodels.zip) I get a CTD error "Can't load DYKZ0609.raw" which appears to be a texture file associated with the DYKZ0609.smf model included in ykzmodels. A check of archived forum topics shows others having this same problem, but no resolution as far as I could find.2. Terramodel-LPC Airport (tmlpc.zip & tmlpc_2.zip) On a flight from SFO to LAX, at around Avenal, I get a CTD error "Can't load PA28LM.smf". Again a check of archived posts indicates others with the same problem, no resolution.I'm curious, if there are no resolutions to these and a few other add-ons I've run across, has anyone compiled a list of the ones that don't work? Is there a way to start a list of these with the specific apparently unresolved issue so that someone new to this site doesn't have to keep reinventing the wheel so to speak? I've started my own list and would gladly share it with the community if possible. Hopefully this would help others save time from d/l and reviewing archived posts if there's no fix.And on the subject of Archives, I'm going to post the following in the related forum; pages 1 - 79 date 3/7/02 to 8/16/02, then page 80 has posts dated 8/15-8/16 and 12/17-12/16/02 on the same page, next page 81 goes backward from 12/16-12/12/02 and somewhere in the middle they meet, b/c page 123 dates 12/25-12/26/02.Thanks for any adviceRobert

Guest Eagle

I think a list would be great. I have uploaded a lot of sceneries for airports. Sometimes I receive email concerning a problem someone is having. Most of the time it is because a person did not look at the readme file. There have been other times when a problem was called to my attention. Upon checking I found there was indeed a problem and after correcting the change was uploaded and the bad file removed.I think that some of our users download, install a file and if they have a problem they delete it. If those persons would post when encountering a problem it would help all of us.Just my 1/2 cent worth.

Guest Ken_Salter

If you have a list, please post or email it to me. I can add it to the FAQ achored post page.[h3]Ken Salter (aka SaltyDog)[/h3]Fly! Forum ModeratorWEBSITE ONLINE!!

Guest Sabadin

As far as the YKZ issue the only fix I have found so far is to simply take another texture and rename it to that of the missing file. I don't how the file was left out of multiple attempts at packaging it as the file did exist at one point, unfortunately it was lost in a HD format a few months back and I haven't gotten around to a second of version of CYKZ yet. Now that I have a digital camera I might start putting some work into a second version.

Hi WayneThanks for the response as well as all your fine scenery add-ons.So far I've only run into a couple of issues with your many sceneries and that basically boils down to which one(s) I want to keep that work together.For example, tmvny.zip (10/14/02) w/dynamic fuel truck works great but replacing sceneryb.s11 in D171153, all the static a/c at LAX from LAX_airportv1.zip (9/20/01) disappear. Then tmsmo.zip (12/20/02) w/two dynamic models replaces sceneryb.s11 again and the fuel truck at VNY disappears.Please don't take this the wrong way cause I'm only trying to find a way to convey this to others so that they might understand before installation and/or d/l what impact this scenery might have on their existing setup. It may be that what I'm trying to do here is impossible, because right now it seems to be overwhelming to me to pick this one scenery over that one which in turn overrides some other one.With highest regards,Robert

Thanks Ken, I will do that over the next day or two. I would like to confer with you regarding this list. It's one thing to simply list the sceneries or whatever that just don't seem to work but it's a whole other mess as to generating a list that says if you install this scenery it will override or impact a previous scenery by another author.It' sort of like Scott Cannizzaro's work in NY, where upon each update his readme file instructions tells you exactly to delete this or that in order to use his latest except this would be on a worldwide basis. I just don't know if it can be accomplished.I'll send you an e-mail. ThanksRobert

Thanks for the response SabadinI'm not trying to be a pain in the neck. It's just that if something doesn't appear to work, my first assumption is that I didn't install something right. Then after trying everything I can, I'll search the archives to see if someone else ran into the same problem. I should probably reverse this order and I would have less holes in my wall where I pounded my head into. *:-* High regardsRobert