Sign in to follow this  

Installing nVidia 41.09 drivers Do I have to uninstall

I am running nVidia 29.58 drivers .Are there any advantages in installing 41.09 and if so ,is it necessary to uninstall the old drivers?System.AMD XP 1800512Mb DDR RamWinfast 128Mb GeForce4 Ti4600Rodger.

Rodger, Yes it's worth while installing them. First unintall your old drivers, then put the nre ones and upgrade to directx 9.0 since these drivers were made for the new directxcheers

Tom,Is it preferable to remove old drivers with a special program or do you use.....control panel> add or remove?Rodger

Rodger, What I did is change to VGA, but I guess you can just uninstall with add remove (why didn't I think of that?)cheers

Could you guys answer a question for me RE: nVidia drivers, and video cards?I just got a new nVidia based MSI video card. First expirience with such... so Im not clear on the nVidia driver situation.Do most people run nVidia issued drivers on 3rd party (nVidia chipset) cards? (Normally chipset mfg's reccommend running the drivers of whomever made your card, NOT the chipset mfg's. But my impression with nVidia is that most people do the exact opposite, is that correct?)

I have always used the default Nvidia drivers and not ABIT's version because Abit is too slow, and the generic drivers work fine...cheers