Sign in to follow this  

CTD Problems!!

Hello all.I just know someone out there can help me get out of this problem!Two weeks ago, I upgraded my operating system from Win98 to Win2000. At the same time I reinstalled Fly!2 and patched to the latest patch,(240). Also upgraded all of my drivers and aircraft fixes, etc. as required. I flew all of the TRI default aircraft and the ROTW TMB-700 Socata without any problems for a week. Last evening while attempting to setup the FMS on the navigation guage for the Socata, for a flight after setting up a flight plan, I crashed to the desktop. This happened for several attempts. The same thing happens when I try to fly the Hawker and Aurora B200. I am unable to fly all three aircraft. Two attempt at reinstalling the Socata did not solve my problem.My unit still has a setup with the Win98 operating system. When flying with win98,I don't have the same problem. All aircraft are working.Has anyone out there run into this problem and if so how was it resolved? Any help would be apprieciated!!! Espedially making the Socata flyable again!!Curtis

Guest Fly II Pilot

Curtis:I'm at work right now so I don't have access to the Socata documentation but I do recall that there was a problem with a specific button which if pressed would CTD. From what I recall this was OS specific which may explain why it DOES work in Win98.What exactly were you trying to do when it CTD? Do you get any error messages when CTD? Did you try deleting the .HST files?We'll get you back in the Socata, don't worry...Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Thank you Alejandro for such a quick reply.I too am at work right now, but I hope to give you more information ASAP.>What exactly were you trying to do when it CTD? Do you get any error messages when CTD? Did you try deleting the .HST files?

Good morning Alejandro!Have you had a chance to review the Socata documentation yet? The function that I was trying to perform that caused the CTD was an attempt to change the EIFS mode selection to FMS on the Navigation Gauge! Each attempt caused the CTD. I never get an error message after the CTD. I don't even get a gfto log. Do you still think that it is OS related and if so, can you give me a remedy or fix? I would really like to get back into the Socata.Thank you in advance for you help.Curtis

Hello Alejandro:Any luck with a solution to my problem, (if there is one)?Thanks,Curtis

Guest Fly II Pilot

Curtis:Sorry I couldn't get back to you sooner. I just got back from an unexpected 3-day trip to frozen Central New York... ;-)The following is taken from the readme.txt:"Windows XP users and perhaps for Windows 2000 users too should not touch the second switch on the left of the EFIS nor the one right of the CRS switch on the same EFIS unless you want to quit Fly! really fast !"As you can see, I've got Windows XP and pressing either one of these buttons causes a CTD. However, it seems that you're having a different problem and also with the B200 and the Hawker. Did you install Fly! II from scratch or did you just copy it from your Win 98 installation?Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Thank you Alejandro:No apology is needed. I'm just glad that you spent the time to address my problem.To answer you question, reinstallation of Fly!II was from scratch. I must have missed the part about..."Windows XP users and perhaps for Windows 2000 users too should not touch the second switch on the left of the EFIS nor the one right of the CRS switch on the same EFIS unless you want to quit Fly! really fast"! "THE README.TXT GOT ME AGAIN"!!!Do you know of a work-a-round for this? Are you able to fly the Socata without the use of the EFIS and if so, how is it done. Will the EFIS capture the flight plan? So many question! I just have to get back into the ROTW's Socata!Thanks again for your help!Curtis

Guest Fly II Pilot

Curtis:The Socata doesn't have an FMS, it only has a GPS. Just go to the flight planner and enter the route, this will be automatically "transmitted" to the GPS.The EFIS (which stands for Electronic Flight Instrument System) do work, they are the EADI (Electronic Attitude Direction Indication) and the EHSI (Electronic Horizontal Situation Indicator). The EFIS replaces the "mechanical" (for lack of a better term) Artificial Horizon and HSI, it displays this and much more information but in something similar to a laptop screen.Hope this clarifies your problem and gets you back in the Socata.Safe landings...Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Thank you Alejandro!I greatly apprieate you help!! I'll let you know how I make out.Curtis

Hello again Alejandro:Would you happen to know wheither or not the ROTW Team is working on a solution to this problem?BTW: following your last suggestion works. I'm able to fly the Socata once again!! Thank you!!Curtis