Sign in to follow this  

Want to Play in Traffic?

Guest Eagle

Today I uploaded the First Flight Airport.By installing the First Flight Airport (FFA) you can practice landing with other aircraft that are landing and taking off from the airport. The three aircraft are the Pilatus, Flyhawk and Aurora.I have also uploaded the Currituck County Airport (9W7). You can fly out of 9W7 and join the traffic pattern for First Flight Airport (FFA).The aircraft at FFA are departing on runway 2, turning left (downwind leg), continuing to base and landing. The traffic pattern altitude has been set at 500 feet AGL and all traffic lands on runway 2.All comments, good or bad will be appreciated.I am also asking for other ideas on how the airport scenery can be made more interesting.Does anyone know how to create adventures. There are a few with the original Fly, but I haven't been able to discover how they are created.

Guest nycflyer

Wayne,I actually got to do some real flying at FFA and MQI this summer. I'll take a look and offer comments. Remember, right traffic for 20!-----------------------Scott CannizzaroPPASEL-KTEB

Guest Eagle

Hi Scott:Your pictures last year got me to thinking of doing the airport. Also I go to Kill Devil Hills a lot in the summer. Could not model the airport exactly like I wanted due to an fps problem. The dynamic aircraft depart on 2 and do a left hand pattern to return to 2.Let me know what you think. Changes can be made.

Guest nycflyer

To make it more real, I would more closely line the runway with 30-50 foot trees. When you're on short final and transitioning to flare, you become really aware of how high those trees really are and can encounter wind shear as you dip below the tree line. There's also a tiny shack by the east end of the parking area that used to be a "pilot's lounge". It's literally a log cabin. There's also a tiny 3'x3' wooden phone booth like enclosure with a log that all visiting pilots sign when they land. I think the traffic pattern is actually 800'I've been away for a while, I see you have been very productive, I was finishing up Burbank when I noticed you already did it!I just posted some more real pictures from some flying 2 months ago of New York City and the Hudson River. Have a look ...http://www.nonmusic.com/flying/2002_10/-----------------------Scott CannizzaroPPASEL-KTEB

Wayne, Thank you for this work. Can you or somebody here provide the correct link for this upload? I cant seem to locate it. Whats the file name?TonyFlyII! ver. 2.40Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 41.09

Guest dajackman

Very cool. How did you get the planes to fly around. I'd like to do that to my local airport.It would be cool if they would make radio calls, or did I tune to the wrong freq? Anyway, good job!!

Guest Eagle

No radio calls. It would be nice to incorporate, but I don't know how. If I could find out how to do an adventure radio calls could be used.It is difficult to describe how to get the planes flying around your airport. Would that be Shannon? If you send me your file (.pod and .scf) I will do one for you and explain how it was done. You are then on your own to put in as many as you want.

Guest Eagle

Scott - the fact that I did Burbank should not stop you from doing the same airport. Give the FLYers a choice.

Guest dajackman

Yea...that would be shannon...howd ya know?

Guest ben_

WayneIt's a lot of fun flying your work - you certainly can't rely on the other pilots trying to avoid accidents :-)Thanks for a great addon.Ben

Wayne, help please:I just d/l your file and installed. I get 2 of 3 planes, missing the Aurora, the other two work great. I followed exactly your directions, all three path files and obviously the scenerya.00 in DataD202155 and TMFFA.pod &.scf in scenery folder. I have two planes sitting on the tarmac that do nothing and two that fly. I also seem to have run into an invisible model on the tarmac near the entrance to runway 2. Is that where the Aurora is supposed to be?See attached pics, #1-Pilatus off to R2; #2-Flyhawk off to R2; the location of the Pilatus in pic #1 is the approx. location of the invisible model I ran into.Any suggestions?Thanks,Robert

Guest jjlobo

I tried to use this work but KFFA simply doesn't exists in my Fly! II Directory. Does somebody has a tip?Thanks___ JJLobo ___55 11 37268158

Guest Eagle

Use FFA and NOT KFFA. That should work and bring up the airport.