Sign in to follow this  
Guest Twister

A final post and goodbye from Richard Harvey

Dear Rich:I had tears in my eyes at the convention in Reno and I am teary-eyed right now. You have succeeded in so many things, though most importantly, you have touched so many other lives while doing so. Remember what Clarence the angel told George Bailey in 'A Wonderful Life': No man is unsuccessful in life who has friends. Alex ChristoffN562ZMinneapolis, MNThermobulb@aol.com

PowerSpec G426 PC running Windows 11 Pro 64-bit OS, Intel Core i7-6700K processor @3.5GHz, ASUS GeForce RTX 4070 12GB Dual Graphics Card, ASUS TUF Z590-Plus Gaming motherboard, Samsung 870 EVO 2TB SSD, Samsung 750 EVO 500GB SSD, Acer Predator X34 34" curved monitor (external view), RealSim Gear G-1000 avionics hardware, Slavix, Stay Level Custom Metal Panel, Honeycomb Alpha Yoke, Honeycomb Bravo Throttle, Redbird Alloy THI, Saitek Combat Rudder Pedals.

So long, Rich, and thank you. There are a couple of flight instructors of mine from years ago (father and daughter) who departed this earth far before their time - I owe them a lot and I was not able to say goodbye.Please give them my greetings and my apologies - I had to stop flying years ago, but you can tell them that you got me back in the "left seat" again (even if it was in my computer nook).God speed, Rich - God bless you, Tara.

Randall Rocke

God Speed Rich,I can only begin to conceive of the battle you have fought and to have the courage to write these words, it must have been a battle that took almost superhuman strength. Go rest awhile we

Guest Chris Wallace

Clear skies and fair winds on your final flight, my friend. I'll always remember, and my children will know when the time comes, the lessons you've taught us all about dignity, strength and courage through the darkest days. My life is truly richer for having known you.Peace,Chris WallaceOttawa, Canada

Guest Allan Jones

Thank you for this remarkable community of friends whom you brought together and bound with your vision. May you have clear weather, a well-trimmed craft, and the peace of God with you in your travels. I will strive harder to see you some day.One thing I ask, this alone I seek: to dwell in the house of the Lord all my days.

Guest Brent Hebert

Thank you so much for your contribution to this hobby; not just your software, but you are a great person in your spirit of kindness and grace. Though we have never met are communicated personally, this hobby has been so greatly enriched by having you a part of it.My heart and prayers go out to you, Tara and the rest of your family as you spend time with them. May God grant you grace and peace in this time and we will meet again over on the other shore. Brent Hebert

Godspeed Rich! Rest...knowing you have inspired us all!John 3:15"....that every one who believes in Him may have eternal life." Dean TauntonFlyII Beta Team Member

You don't know a lot of us, but then again, in another way you do. I've never met you, yet spent countless hours staring at your work. It's like you knew me when you created it. Thank you and Godspeed.

God be with you on your journey Richard! I have enjoyed the fruits of your aviation passions throughout the years. Your contributions to this community will echo far into the future of PC flight simulation. Job well done my friend!I will honor your wishes and give that Henry Weinhard's Root Beer a try ;-)

Guest JamieG

Thank you very much for your inspiring words and kindness, I will remember them for years to come. God be with you

Guest JamieG

"It is a far, far better thing that I do, than I have ever done; it is a far, far better rest that I go to, than I have ever known."-Charles Dickens A tale of two cities.

Richard:The WORLD is a better place because of you and your devoted family. I hope that those of us you leave behind will add to the gifts that you have so willingly given to this earth and its people.God's SpeedJay OttsGarland, TX USA :-wave

Romans 10:9If you confess with your mouth "******* is Lord" and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, then YOU WILL BE SAVED.ciao!Brian S

Ciao!

Guest CX001

Rich, being another one of the FS guys who has never experienced Fly!, I can however appreciate all your work for the FS community. Your words were some of the more moving ones i've read in a little while. I find that people tend to gain a better understanding of times when near the end. The kind of determination that comes from people like you is amazing, and hopefully I can have that kind of outlook when my time comes. Hopefully I can shake your hand some day. Godspeed to you and your family. This quote is from the book "Black Beauty":"Do your best and leave the rest. It will all come right, some day, or night."