Sign in to follow this  
Guest Twister

A final post and goodbye from Richard Harvey

Rich,God bless you and your family. Thank you for everything. Your inspiration is incredible.Even though we've never met, I consider you a freind.Kindest regards and God speed,Bob Lyddy

Rich, One profession we all have---for better or worse, we are all teachers due to the examples we set for others. You have been the BEST, the VERY BEST! Thank you and Godspeed!Richard Ball

I had to join just to say goodbye. I'm usually over in the Outer Marker forum at Flightsim.Com but I saw a message there leading to this post. I wish you a very peaceful departure and my condolences to your family."See you the other side" - David Gray

Good bye Mr. Richard Harvey.Thank you for all you have done for the flight simulation and worldwide community. You will always be with us.Moses Divaker

Take care Rich, in all new journey's..I hope I didn't irratate you too much, and it doesn't look like it :)From Larry Adamson, a "friend" --- even if it was only over the internet.

I don't believe I will ever meet anyone with such a positive attitude towards the 'inevitable.' I wish I get out of bed every morning and approach my daily activities with such a wonderful attitude... Godspeed and God Bless, Rich.

Guest B52Drivr

Dear Rich, You Sir, are a class act, and an inspiration to all. ...may the light of the Lord, shine upon you, through the cockpit window, on your approach to the ultimate runway ... God Bless,Clayton T. Dopke (Clay)Major, USAF (Retired)B52Drivr@aol.com

Guest simpilot

I am a staunch supporter of flight simulation in general and in the coffers of my memory I recall exchanging a few emails with you Rich before the original FLY! was launched.I think that it is in human nature that we all want to leave some kind of legacy reflecting of one's life work and you Richard Harvey have left an indelible mark within this flight simulation community which will remain far after you pass on and for this I am eternally grateful.Safe journey to you my friend and God bless.-Simpilot

I don't know what to say, I hope the trip 'home' is smooth with no turbulance, the AI is advanced and the flight models true. My prayers are with you and with your family. All of us at SimHq have you in our prayers.

Well dang.First off, your program kicks a$$. I've bought every dang flight sim out there, and yours definately kicks the largest amount of a$$. True it's not the most popular, but the _best_ things never are :)Being an atheist I can't honestly "pray" for ya, but not to fear: I'm quite certain that wherever you should end up, they will have airplanes. :)I only know of you what I've read on these boards, and you don't know me from adam, but I sure hope that when my time comes, I can meet it with half the courage.Take care, and thanks for the sim (and the microbrew tip too).Madmax

Take care Richard, may you always have calm, clear skies. Farewell my friend

Rich,The last I saw of you was when you and Tara were walking out the door at the Avsim conference. I never did get a chance to really say goodbye. I guess goodbye is not the word to use, but rather, thank you. Thank you for brining most of us an insirational flight simulator. One that raised the bar for the rest of the developers and one that captured our imagination. Success is not measured in dollars or units shipped. Success is measured in the enjoyment, the fun and the passion. Fly! has brought us all this.Be happy with what you have acheived professionally and thank you for being such a part of our hobby and our lives.We'll miss you Rich. Tara, you have a lot of friends supporting you and your daughter right now around the world. We are with you.From Australia, thank you Rich. We'll see you soon.