Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

More newbie questions...

How can I go about altering the flight plan altitude and speed settings? When I edit them in the edit boxes, and close the dialog, it reverts to the aircrafts max alt/speed. Are there heli-pads located anywhere to land at?Thanks,Brad

G'day Brad,I'm not sure about altitude and speed settings.If you want to try landing the helicopters then the ships off the end of KSFO have helipads on them.Alternatively you can enter the editor (ctrl + E) and place a helipad anywhere you want one.Also one of the bells is on floats so it can be landed on water.cheers,Roger @YSSY

I beleive that if you double click on the 1st departure airport in the flight planner list you will get another window of the airport-then highlight the altitude at the bottom of window-put in your desired alt-then hit "tab". I know this works with C4TO and I think it`s the same.Qdog

Qdog is correct - in order for your entry to "take", you must hit the TAB key, so that your new entry is registered as the cursor moves to the next box.

Randall Rocke

Thanks!So are known Helipads not represented in Fly! II?I have them all in a database... would it be possible to create one file that made them all show up in Fly! II? (Sorry, Im new to fly II... I dont know the files yet at all. In Fly! 2k I know it would have been next to impossible... because they'd all have had to have been in separate data?????? folders. Assuming there is no separate database file for heliports.)

Brad,I don't believe that helipads are represented as such in the Fly!II airport listings. As part of the last beta project, Richard Harvey worked hard to implement searches that allowed for country and state searches, along with country and state IDs for navaids and waypoints. None of this was functional in Fly!II before the v240 patch.If you have such a database, you'll have to search for their IDs and see if they exist in Fly!II.

Randall Rocke