Sign in to follow this  
KenWood

Farewell, Rich Harvey!

Dear Friends,I read, and re-read all the sad replies to Rich's last post. While sad myself, I couldn't help thinking that my sadness is indeed a selfish act, bound upon what my personal feelings towards this great man enclose.After much pondering, however, I drove away the tears and started rejoicing. After all, the man I admire the most in my life, will now get the relief he was after. His pain shall stop - his family will not have to endure the everlasting moments of anguish and sadness his continuing condition had brought to him. Rich - the man I respect and admire - will now travel to his place in history, in our minds never to be forgotten.There are some peoples throughout history who considered death a time for celebration. I am starting to feel this should actually be true, especially in this particular situation.Rich: Although I would have liked you to stay alive forever, to guide and lead us through more and more pioneering acts, it seems that you've chosen to lead us by example: To show us what it means to be graceful, wherever, whenever. At any given point in time...Be well, my friend, wherever you go now. Be sure: you will surely stay alive in our minds - I just hope that when my time comes, my friends will speak of me in a small fraction of all the good things you have achieved...I am not eloquent. Not even close. I just hope that others, like me, will find your passing an opportunity to become better people - so that your passing will be, just like your life, a guide for all of us to follow!Fly high! Your work and your ethos will show me the way forever...

Lefteris Kalamaras - Founder

www.flightsimlabs.com

sig_fsldeveloper.jpg

Guest Dean

Well said.Ken, you might consider anchoring this for a while.

"Those hoping in God will regain power. They will mount up with wings like Eagles.They will run and not grow weary; they will walk and not tire out".Isaiah 40:31All The BestStevehttp://mysite.freeserve.com/fly2theuk/aragon.jpghttp://mysite.freeserve.com/fly2theukLiverpool John Lennon Airport http://ftp.avsim.com/library/sendfile.php?DLID=17455Blackpool Airport http://ftp.avsim.com/library/sendfile.php?DLID=19103Hawarden (Chester) Airport http://ftp.avsim.com/library/sendfile.php?DLID=18370Isle Of Man Airport http://ftp.avsim.com/library/sendfile.php?DLID=18972

Nice post Lefteris.I pretty much feel the same as you. After seeing Rich suffer as much as he has for some time now, a large part of me was hoping for a quick and easy way out of this life for Rich. I really get the feeling that he wanted some closure on some things, before moving on. The FlyII patch.....Christmas with the family.....I don't mean to speak of Rich in the past tense, but it seems like now he is ready for his extended rest. For this I am thankful.Given the same situation, I would be pleased to have a fraction of his strength and courage. In fact, when the time comes (hopefully much later), I will be a stronger man from knowing Rich and his struggles.Take care,Allen

Dear Lefteris,Thank you for your kind words. I read Rich's last post with tears in my eyes thinking about all the suffering that our friend had since I become part of Fly! 1.0 family.He gave to us an example of friendship and lealthy that I will never forget. When I saw the first Fly! advertisemnt on a magazine, I never expected that one day I could be stay so CLOSER to my hobbie. For the first time I met and became friend from one guy that brings me another life to the sim community and programing. I'm very sorry that Fly! II was not sucessfully that we all hope when released, but I have faith that this series won't end so short. Sorry for my english,God bless,Keyton Cabral

Guest chezz

Lefteris,>There are some peoples throughout history who considered >death a time for celebration. I am starting to feel this >should actually be true, especially in this particular >situation. 1st Corinthian 15: 50-58 After this exultant expression of resurrection triumph, Paul taunted death. "'O Death, where is your sting? O Death [Greek text], where is your victory?'The sting of death is sin, and the strength of sin is the law. But thanks be to God, who gives us the victory through our Lord ******* Christ" (vv.55-57). The sting of death is sin because it is through sin that death came into the human race, and it is the awareness of sin that can make death a frightening experience. Moreover, it is by the law that sin gains strength--becomes rebellious. But in our place, ******* Christ fulfilled the law by obeying it perfectly, and through His death He both paid the price for our sins and broke death's power. He won the victory over sin and death. And because He did, we will! We need have no fear in the face of death! Praise God! (source:gospelcom.net)I envy Rich for he will soon be with God and indeed it's a joyous occassion to be with the Author of Life. I am looking forward to that day too.;) chris salviejophilippines

Hi Lefteris I like many who got to know him through the betas will of course never forget him. Like I have said he is what we can onlytry our best to aspire to. And that's to be a truly humble human being. Rich I like many others are so lucky to have been touched by you. Fairwell my friend I will truly miss you. But I know that youwill now be truly free from your pain that you have lived with for far far too long. Dan

Hi Lefteris,well said. When I fly FLY!II, Rich will be the invisible one on the captains seat from now on. Farewell Rich !HaraldSt.Goar, Rhine Valley, Germany

Thank you, Lefteris - once again you have captured the words much better than I could hope to. :-)Ken WoodMeteorologistCNN International

Kenneth E Wood Jr  🌪️🌩️

ex AG1, USN (14yr Vet) Weather Foecaster