Sign in to follow this  

Waaah! P51-Mustang Won't Load!

I DL and installed the newest wonder from ROTW according to the readme's install instructions and this is what I get upon trying to load it!Alan

Please check that you have 4 pods beginning with P51BC in your aircraft directory plus one smoke.pod.Check that you have the dlls in the fly!/modules/pc installed too. Yves, Simvol.

Yves,Thanks for your response.Here is what I found in my aircraft directory:P51BC_P65_ART.PODP51BC_P64_MOD.PODSMOKE.PODP51BC_P64_LIV.PODP51BC_P65_PAR.POD(Should they all begin with P51BC_P65 not P51BC_P64?)Here is what I found in my modules/pc directory:DynamicParts.dllDynamicModel_10.dllP51_PRIMER.dllP51_SuperCharger.dllP51_GaugeADF.dllP51_GaugeCOM.dllP51_GMETER.dllP51_HydSyst.dllP51_RadioADF.dllP51_RadioCOM.dllP51_RadioCOMSR.dllP51_RadioTransp.dllI have patched FlyII to 240. Any other ideas?Alan

Jean-paul,Yes that was a typo, thanks for catching it.I will re-download and re-install but before I do here is more information that may help. I already had DynamicParts_v20.dll from Laurent Claudet in my modules/pc directory so I removed it and now the error message is the same but has the word ptdir in brackets (ie "Subsystem is not registered (ptdir)").I will post again after I re-install.Alan

ROTW,I tried downloading a fresh zip from AVSIM and re-installed the files including the DLL's into the modulespc directory. I am still getting "Subsystem is not registered (ptdr)" message.I even tried putting the DLL files in the systemmodulespc directory but this only gave me a "Subsystem is not registered (padf)" error.Please help! I am missing out on all the fun!Alan

The conflict was with the program Advanced Logbook Version 1.0 by Tony Crider from the downloaded file "advanced_logbook_102519.zip".Removing his Logbook.dll from systemmodulespc did the trick (on a repeatable basis).Please take note both Tony C and ROTW.I made my first take off and crash landing. Boy am I a happy camper :-)Alan

AlanAdvanced_Logbook_102218.zip is listed as version 1.1 in the library so I'm not sure which one you have installed.I have logbook.dll from v1.1 in systemmodulespc along with Logbook.dtd and default.xml both located in Fly! IILogbooks folder and have no problems with the Mustang. The only problem I'm having with logbook is not being able to open a new or existing logbook once Fly is launched. My workaround is to change to whatever logbook I want to use by modifying fly.ini logbook name before launching Fly.(Logbooks)<----parens for bracketsdefault=whatever.xmlNote: This has been like this since I installed 2.50.240 patch, not as a result of the Mustang.Regards,Robert

Robert,Yes there is a Advanced_Logbook_102218.zip version but for some reason that I can't remember I have installed the Advanced_Logbook_102519.zip version. Each version has a different logbook.dll file. Version 218's file is 112KB in size with a date stamp (m/d/y) of 8/4/02. Version 519's dll is 124KB in size with a date stamp of 8/11/02.Because of the problem you mentioned I have stopped using this program and have deleted the dll.Alan

Oops! I meant ...102519.zip, V1.1, with logbook.dll per your comment Alan. I also have the ...102218.zip which is listed right below 102519.zip in my add-on logbook. If only I could type without having to look at the dang keyboard. (8-| Maybe I should take the shades off.Robert