Sign in to follow this  
Roger Mazengarb

P 51 Mixture control.Which FLY11 button setting?

I tried F10, Alt+F10, Cntl+F10, Shft+F10 to no avail, I figure the canopy is supposed to slide back or something but mine needs some shop repairs. Any good mechanics out there?Robert

Guest Fly II Pilot

Actually, I just checked it again and it works with:F10Shift-F10Ctrl-F10Alt-F10The only problem is that these key combinations may conflict or bring up other add-ons. I think the safest is CTRL-F10, since it doesn't seem to interfere with anything else I'm running.Make sure you've got the dynamicparts DLL and the TXT file. Edit the txt file and make sure there's an entry for the P51.Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

I've got the dynamicparts DLL, but what *.txt file?!?PuzzledRobert

Hi RobertThe DLL is controled by a parameter file. The name is DynParts.txt and the content is: -- Begin File -- /////////////////////////////////////////////////// // // Dynamic Parts by ROTW team june/2002 // /////////////////////////////////////////////////// -- num models - 1 /////////////////////////////////////////////////// // // Parts data // // /////////////////////////////////////////////////// -- -- P51D Mustang 68 hood 0,2 0.1,0.0,0.0 0.0,0.0,0.0 canopy2.wav -- End File --It should be located in MODULE/PC directory.As this file is common for all models that have extra animated parts (like the 707), it should be updated when you want to use all of them.Hope this help youJean

Jean,I just checked and there was no DynParts.txt supplied with p51bc_p65a.zip (the english version on AVSIM). Now that I know what to look for I did not find this file in the b707320f2.zip file you uploaded to AVSIM either. Can you show us what the contents of its DynParts.txt file should have been?You state "it should be updated when you want to use all of them." How do I add your text to a DynParts.txt file that already exists? I have one from the embraer_145.zip package and I would like to know where do I add your text to its contents as reproduced below?Alan -- Begin File -- /////////////////////////////////////////////////// // // Dynamic Parts by ROTW team june/2002 // /////////////////////////////////////////////////// -- num models - 4 /////////////////////////////////////////////////// // // Parts data // // /////////////////////////////////////////////////// -- -- Embraer 145 3 paxdoor 0,2 0.1,0.0,0.0 0.0,0.0,0.0 NULL Embraer 145 3 hook 0,2 0.1,0.0,0.0 0.0,0.0,0.0 NULL Embraer 145 3 railing 0,2 0.1,0.0,0.0 0.0,0.0,0.0 NULL Embraer 145 3 undertray 0,2 0.1,0.0,0.0 0.0,0.0,0.0 NULL -- End File --

Hi RobertI guess we forgot to include this file. From your embraer file, do the following with a text editorAdd one to the value (4 -> 5)Add the new section for the P51 before the tag /////////////////////////////////////////////////// // // P51 Parts data // // /////////////////////////////////////////////////// -- -- P51D Mustang 68 hood 0,2 0.1,0.0,0.0 0.0,0.0,0.0 canopy2.wavJean

Guest andrewluck

JeanCould you tell me what the entry should be for the 707 as well please as I didn't have this file.ThanksAndrew Luck18 miles SW EGSH

AndrewI modified my DynParts.txt per Jean instructions and got a streamio.cpp error so I did some checking and here's what I found so far.1. For some reason beyond my knowledge I don't have a canopy2.wav file as referenced in Jean's mods to DynParts.txt.2. Upon checking B707320F2.zip, the file B7073Bd.POD has DYNPARTS.TXT dated (8/29/02) and a DYNAMICPARTS_V20.DLL dated (7/4/02). The dynamicparts_v20.dll that comes with Embraer_145.zip is dated 10/4/02 therefore I left that file alone. I extracted dynparts.txt from B7073Bd.POD and got the following: -- Begin File -- /////////////////////////////////////////////////// // // Dynamic Parts by ROTW team june/2002 // /////////////////////////////////////////////////// -- num models - 2 /////////////////////////////////////////////////// // // Parts data // // /////////////////////////////////////////////////// -- -- P51D Mustang 68 hood 0,2 0.1,0.0,0.0 0.0,0.0,0.0 NULL B707 320B 68 door_left 0,2 0.1,0.0,0.0 0.0,0.0,0.0 NULL -- End File --Notice the P51D section without reference to canopy2.wav. I then edited my dynparts.txt from Embraer_145, starting with "P51D Mustang" through the last "NULL" inserting this before and after changing from "2" to "6" bam, everything works on all three planes except of course the sound file for the Mustang.So if someone could direct me to where I might find "canopy2.wav" I'll be on my way again.Thanks,Robert

OK gentI see we did mess up with this part of the release. And this has been agravated by other planes using the moving DLL.Well, as we will release an add-on with sound and torque, I will see that those files are updated and that the canopy sound file is included.I would appreciate if you can bear with this restriction until this add-onRegardsJean

Guest Fly II Pilot

Attached is my file, just rename it to dynparts.txt and place it in the modulespc folder.It covers the P51, the Embraer 145 and the B707.Good luck!Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB