Sign in to follow this  

ROTW P51 Cockpit = Absolutely Stunning!!!!!

This is what ALL simulated fighter cockpits should look like! Fantastic artwork & clarity! It looks so good, I havn't even flown it yet.......Looks like I'll have to spread a few "screenshot's" around the various forums, to let the "masses" learn of the talents of the ROTW group. :)L.Adamson

I was sure you was going to appreciate it :)Thanks for this post, and please don't hesitate to give your feelings about this plane (flight model, 3D, etc...) : comments will always be welcome. ;)Yves, Simvol.

In the air..................A comment -------- about 9 years ago, I flew with a aquantance (really great guy) in his 1944 P51-D. He told me to remove my headphones to appreciate the "takeoff" sounds. It seriously sounded like continous "shotgun" blasts!!!! Don't think my neighbors would appreciate that coming out of my home PC speakers though!!! :)L.Adamson --- a roll over SoCal

Guest tonyc

I always knew you head was upside down, Larry, when it came to your opinion of FLY2. But now I believe it. :-loltony

Larry, I've got the editor agreeing to post something on the front page.. if I can supply some screenshots.. see my post in the "Letters to the Editor" forum.. feel free to jump in there and contribute a few well chosen words..Stupid question, no doubt.. how do you take screenshots in Fly2?My standard process that works in FS2k2 delivers black boxes only..so now I am stuck, unless I copy the shots from the ROTW site..

Bert

Yves, I have posted the P51 shots from your simvol site in the Avsimscreenshots forum (with due reference to ROTW) in the hope it will attract more users to your outstanding plane. Also see my post in the Letter to the Editor forum, suggesting you get a mention on the Avsim front page..Thanks for the best freeware aircraft to date!

Bert

Hi BertThanks for your interest in our work.About screen copy:Use the key described in the OPTION->KEY->GLOBAL KEY->SCREEN SHOT.I don't remember the standard one, because I reassigned mine.You will have a distinct BMP file into the FLY directory for each key pressRegardsJean

OK, Jean.. I'll try that!In the meantime I've gone with some of your website shotsin the Avsim Screenshots forum (with due credit to ROTW).Hope that's OK..

Bert

Guest Dean

CTRL & tab is the standard key combination to take sceenshots in Fly. The *.bmp can then be found in the Fly II directory. They are typically very large files so I will convert them to the jpeg format through photo software like Photoshop LE or CPIC and reduce the size to fit AVSIM requirements.

I seem to remember way cak when. Somebody made a addon script that would convert screen captures automatically for you. I also would like to say that the P-51 is outstanding!!!!!!!:-jumpy :-jumpy :-jumpyIt took a while to get it fired up though. I just wonder if there is a way to perk up the sound? I mean to say if anyone has ever heard a real P-51 fire up and fly over it is a much keener and deeper sound.Especially on startup it is more delayed and some rather loud pops. Any body know what Im talking about? Not complaining though I love it!! Its a nice addition to the hanger. Thanks guys.:)http://mywebpages.comcast.net/cadillac43/dedication.htmlhttp://mywebpages.comcast.net/cadillac43/takeoff.gifTonyFlyII! ver. 2.40Directx 8.1nVidia drivers 41.09ECS K7S5A SOCKETA /DDR/ATX MB, DDR SRAM 128MB PC-2100 266MHZ MEMORY ,AMD ATHLON T-BIRD 1.2GHZ 256K FSB266 PGA , NVIDIA GEFORCE2 MX-400 64MB AGP

Thanks Bert for your support. I also think that she is one of the best add ons avaible on the flight sim market. I added some links to two messages that have been posted about the aircraft, with very nice screenshots. This aircraft certainly have the right to get a few lines on the Avsim front page. And I think that once again (it's never enough ;) ) we must say that the authors have done a fantastic work : thanks to TJ, Jean, Laurent, Ren

Guest rene_35

Hi Tony,to have more realistic P51 sounds is another aim for us.It's in our project. We are looking to find them: any idea?If you have specific sounds, contact me.