Sign in to follow this  

Flattening Airports--how?

I have dived into FlyII after running Fly2k just out of familiarity(that and getting a better motherboard and cpu)As I have rendered scenery, I've noticed mismatch in scenery-runway heights, sometimes the plane rests feet above the scenery and runway, other times the runway is over the scenery a few feet.My question is how to flattewn it. The scenery is not podded; and back in Fly!2k it was possible to use the editor to do this(the "flatten apiports" function.)How is this possible with FlyII?Many thanks for any help;Caillean

Guest Fly II Pilot

Caillean:Send me an e-mail using Avsim's e-mail function and I'll send you Lefteris Kalamara's Flattenator Deluxe along with some documents that will help you.Take care,Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Caillean,The Fly!II Editor doesn't have a "flatten" operation like Fly!Edit in Fly!2K - however, a flattening sequence was built into fly2slice.exe, added in the v230 patch and carried over into the v240 patch. This program works in partnership (or standalone) with TerraScene 2.1 - when you TerraScene an area in Fly!II, this program finishes the job, slicing the scenery (and flattening the region).If you are not using TerraScene (or if you run into a problem area), you can use the Flattenator program mentioned by Alejandro.

Randall Rocke

Thank you, both of you, for your info and kindness:)Caillean