Sign in to follow this  
rodger

VolNav beta 3 is on Simvol!

Guest tonyc

When you are up and running with it, make sure that you experiment with the "persistent" world option. You set FLY2 start up mode on Persitent world, and this will enable you to FLY like in the real world. FLY will remember where you landed, including the weather . So If you want to pretend to be flying a regional airline, let's say from paris to lyon to nice and back to paris, you first create a flight plan, click infometar button and use the weather wizard to download real weather for paris and lyon. If you have autoweather, the flight plan will be saved in the "saved simulation" folder as a sit file. You then start FLY2 and autoweather will automatically load the weather file and if FLY2 is set to "persistent world", you can fly and land at your first stop, Lyon. You shut down the plane and go home(turn FLY2 off). You come back, start FLY2 and the plane, the weather and the flight plan on the gps will still be as you left them when you turned off FLY2. Now you continue your flight. As you can see, soon you can fly in a virtual world with VolNav providing you with a very flexible flight planning tool. I will soon be uploading a new version of Autoweather which will tell you the location of the airport as well as the weather points. tony

Guest chezz

Hi Tony,FLY2 is getting better and better everyday ... with people like you, SIMVOL, Infometar, Terrascene,,,,,too many too mention.Thank you.chrisrpll

Guest GOODY

Please give me the website for SIMVOL,Thank youGoodyGoody@cableone.net

Hi Goody!http://fly.simvol.org/left menu: Fichiers Fly!II/Utilitaires/VolNavIt's in french, it's still a beta version.Pascal__________________________________________________FLY! II tips Anti-aliasing: On some machines, you must set FSAA to 4x (GeForce2) to make it work. No need to disactivate AGP.Don't like the blurried textures? Try with FSAA on, and these values in the Render.ini :mipLevelCount=4 (if it causes problems rather set 5)mipMapFlag=128

Guest Eagle

I have the program. Will someone tell me where to place the files?

Wayne,After unzipping the zip:1. make a folder called "VolNav" in the FlyII directory2. copy the following files in there: liste.txt nav.ini VolNav.doc VolNav.exe world5000s.map3. Create another folder "Sidstar" in the FlyII directory copy all files from Sidstar_example.zip in there. That's it! Start VolNav.exe and enjoy. Hope this helps.Rodger ;)

Guest Eagle

Thanks Roger: I have previously downloaded, but didn't know where to put the files. The screenshots I have seen on this forum make it a must have. Again thanks.

Guest GOODY

Wayne:Can you send me this download?I know no FRENCH/GoodyGoody@cableone.net