Sign in to follow this  

still having file not found probs after re-TS-ing

I posted a week or two ago with some problems I was having with the latest fly patch - Fly would crash out to the desktop complaining about files not found, which really were in my scenery PODs.I thought for a little bit that re-Terrascening those areas would fix it, but that doesn't seem to be the case. I re-TSed a large area (about 4x5 full tiles) near Seattle, but I'm still having occasional probelms of the same sort.I've tried un-podding the POD into a data directory, and I _think_ that works OK, but it's so choppy to fly that way that I can't really consider it to be a useful solution. And it's a different file each time, so I can't just un-POD a few files.I'm kinda stuck :-( I can often fly for a while, 10-15 minutes sometimes, before I crash out to the desktop.I can't remember anything like this back with 210, which was the last patch I had installed.

PS - on the flip side, the scenery *looks* really nice!

Max,When you sliced your scenery, you didn't have any other files in the data directory except for those you meant to pod, did you?

Randall Rocke

Hi Randall,I'm pretty sure I didn't. I moved my data directory to data.old, made a new data directory, then TS-ed all of Washington State (pretty much). Afterwords I removed all the junk in data, and renamed data.old back to data again.But, I've been doing it on and off over a course of several days, so perhaps one day I forgot and didn't move aside my old data directory. I'll have a peek through all the POD files and see if anything looks like it doens't belong.Thanks for the advice - sooner or later, I'll figure this out :)

Looks like you're being pretty careful. I've seen people pod up some interesting stuff - airports from the west coast in east coast TerraScene pods, for instance. Needless to say, major crashes ensued. :-)

Randall Rocke

I've been having the same problem, with having to re-TS a tile and still getting the same file not found error. I've been less active with simming lately and lost track of the various threads addressing this topic. I'll have to go back and see if I can find the tips to poking through the PODs to see what got put in (and not put in), as well as trying another tile and making sure that nothing is in the data file when I start the render/slice process. I do seem to recall having a TM airport or two in one of my tiles when I decided to Terrascene it. Thanks for the tip.Conig