Sign in to follow this  
Leen3131cs

P51 repaint

And this one for this weekend too... Some better shots tommorrow.cheers

Hi Tom,Do not forget the details !Look at your tailfin and rudder.Your model has the wrong tailfin.The model P51 ROTW used had a fixed top on the tailfin.The P51 must have differend tails.Regards

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Leen, I don't understand, how could I possibly have a different tailfin???I mean I repainted the same version you repainted, and all I touched is the tif for the moment, I can't understand how I could of changed the fin...cheers

Hi Tom,You DO NOT have a different tailfin.The tailfin and the way it moves is a part of the model you and I can`t change.Most Mustangs do not have a fixed top.The plane Jean used as example for the model must have had that kind oftailfin.Alomost all other P51 we want to make a livery of, have the other kind of tailfin, so we have to improvise and change the colorsceme in a way wich make things look realistic.On your plane the moving rudder should be blue and no blue part should stay fixed while moving the rudder.You have to make the painting accordingly to the model.Start FLY and launch your Pinky-Bird now zoom in on the tailfin andmove the rudder.Then , start SUSU and look to the tail again,

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest product

Hi from a Mac Flyer,Just wondering if, when the Mac version of the P51 is released, your beautiful repaint will work OK with the Mac version?Best,Joel

Hallo Joel,YES,it will.Probably you have downloaded one of my piper repaints,(if not try one), they all work very well in Mac`s.Regards

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest rene_35

Hi Joel,there is only one type of difference between the PC and the Mac version: the Dll. All the rest of the aircrafts is the same.About tha ROTW-P51, Matthew Horridge is writing the Dll for the Mac.Regards,

Hi Tom,This is NO MAGIC.I do not want to tease you , I want you to learn.You gave me the link to the foto of Miss Helen.In my lunchtime ( I am working today) I had two sandwiches andI just fooled around with that foto in Paint Shop Pro for about 15 minutes.ADVISE: If possible USE THE FOTOMATERIAL.Regardsyour FLY friendLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Well you can release yours instead... it looks better... Tommorrow I'm going skiing, and then I have one week before leaving for the army! Four months without fly, because when I come back for a day, I doubt that I will, Fly, my girl friend is already mad because I'm leaving so I won't make my case worst...cheers and thanks for the photo real tips..cheers

Hallo Tom,I am NOT going to release Miss Helen!!It is your repaint and I won`t tuch it.Just made one side ,as an example to instruct you a litte.Do it yourself , this is not a repaint competition,I am just trying to help you and making examples is the best way to do so.Keep painting my friendLeen

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints