Sign in to follow this  
Guest TerryT

FS2002 Re-boots

Guest TerryT

Over the past several weeks,I have gotten aproximately 20-30 failures (reboots) while flying FS2002.I have checked the temps on my AMD XP 1800+ and all is well there. I have reloaded FS2002 and PIC 767 several times from scratch. I have updated from the Nvidia 23.11s to the 28.32s (GF-3 Ti500 video card). I even turned off the Norton Anti-virus and it still happens. My Windows XP Home has generated error reports back to Microsoft on all except for the last several today and of course I have heard nothing back from them.This same computer/system has run just great for the past 3-4 month and now I get failures taxiing out or most often while on final after a flight, long or short they all seem to reboot.Does someone out there have a link to the program that can added to your FS2002 module folder that records your flight postion every minute? Starting over is not such a pain.TerryPS: I have only had "One" reboot while "Not" running FS2002 and that was while on-line. All the rest have been in FS2002 and a great number have been while in the "External View" mode.

Terry,What are your detailed specs for your computer, i.e., MOBO Manu, RAM, sound, graphics adapter, OS, Controller Chips, etc. I have two Soyo Dragon's that are very unstable with three sticks of memory (3 x 256) 768MB but are rock solid with two sticks or 512MB. This is with either Win98 or WinXP. If you have more than 512MB, try removing some memory and see if it eliminates your problems.

Guest TerryT

W.Unless I have picked up some bug in a downloaded aircraft that Norton Anti-virus missed, I am running the exact same system that I have for the past 6 months and have had almost zero problems till now.I have a Gigabyte MB with 768 of PC2100 DDR and a Nvidia GF3-Ti500 and a Sound Blaster Live all running on a Win XP Home system.All I know is that external views seems to set off the reboots and now flying at multiple time speeds does too.This use to be a "Very" stable machine.Terry

Guest TerryT

Thanks for the link. That is what I was looking for. I bookmarked it this time.Terry