Sign in to follow this  

p51 ready for podding

Guest chezz

I like her worn out look any takers? (Tom you might want to pod this before you leave)Thanks ROTW.chrisphilippines

Looks great Chris, just send me your tifs and I'll do the rest (did you repaint all the views etc...) Please do so...cheers

Guest chezz

Tom,I tried but I'm getting not good conversion result in the PBG files and the FLY!GRAPHICS is limited only to 50 frames the P51 flaps PBG file were 51 & 63 frames. So I opted not to include the views but if you want I can send you all the views that I have repainted (all views actually were repainted) and just pod it.Thanks tom you're doing good with your repaints.chrisphilippines

Send everything in a zip, and I'll take a look...cheers

Hi Tom and Chris,FlyGraphics is NOT LIMITED to 50 frames.I did all flaps and aillerons on my green SU-SU.BTW your silver bird looks very well Chris.Regards

forumlogopaintmod.png

"Non licet omnibus volare cum aquilis" (Azzurro)

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest chezz

Leen,Thanks for the compliments. Maybe you can give me some hints how to go more than 50 frames FLYGRAPHICS shows only 50 frames and I'm encountering bad graphics after conversion specificaly the P51ANIMFLAPE & P51AILERONGA. (I'm converting pbm & pbg files to .tif and vice-versa is this correct. Since your one of the expert in re-painting leen, maybe you can write a tutorial on this (just a wishful thinking);) thankschrisphilippines

Chris, All the views that you repainted should be converted to bmp and not Tif, I wondered did you manually paint all those ailerons?? If not what's your secret? Leen taught me how to gamacorrect the whole thing so that I didn't have to paint the thousand of frames one by one...cheers and check your mail

Guest chezz

Hi Tom,Yup, it's kind of tedious process to repeaint each frames but it's worth the visuals. What do you mean by gamma correct and how you do it.chrisphiippines

Hi guys,Let`s talk about flaps and aillerons.First some facts.At this time it is not possible to do any kind of artwork, except somerivets,on these parts.The outside tif/acm does not allow this.The only thing we can really do is changing the color of these parts.Attention,I said CHANGING the color.I am afraid Chris had a huge job doing all those frames.When he had converted to BMP as Tom said,he would have completed this part of the job.But doing this is madness in my opinion, it takes days to do it.Thats where gammacorrection comes handy.All drawings except B&W contain colors.Nevertheles sometimes it is usefull to make a tif ( or bmp) B&W.I give an example.The belly of the Black Cat is a a littlebit red.To make the belly of my French R Y7 nice silver I converted parts of the tif to B&W ,all color disappeared.Now I converted these parts to RGB again,but they stay in fact B&W.Making a B&W picture 16 milj colors, does not add colors to it.Now I added a light layer of blue ( opacity 4)on these parts.This is hardly visible for the eye but now there is blue on these parts.By using gammacorrection ( read the manual of your paintprogram for this)it is possible to adjust the amount of blue ,but the structure of the wingplatings ,rivets and so on stays sharp.Making the green flaps for SUSU was very easy.Just extracted the BMP with FlyGraphics.These bmp`s are 256 colors and contain some elements of green.Now I used gammacorrection the boost the green.Tom used gammacorrection to create pink.No need to go to RGB , just open the bmp,use gammacorrection, and allframes are done in a second.The blue background color for transparancy changes too , but this does not any harm to this transparancy.( the colorpalette-order stayscorrect)If you want to go to RGB you have to change the colorpalette andmake transparancy-color black 0.0.0. in the first colorpalettefield.I hope this helpsBye

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

Guest chezz

Hi Leen,If I got you right you were saying that you can only change the color of the outside view of aeleron & flaps but not alter the graphics in some way. I hope there's a go around on this. Attach is my attempt to change the graphics. Some views are O.K. but the flap and aeleron is bad.chrisphilippines

Hallo Chris,Sorry,I was not clear enough.It is possible to repaint these moveable parts.It will be a hell of a job because of all those different positions.You`ll have to work with bmp ,FlyGraphic does not like tif.On the other hand it is quiet useless to do.As far a you are doing realistic aluminium plating structure it may beusefull but the model does not allow different painting on different flaps.You cannot do one stripe over one flap.When you paint a striping over the flap,ALL flaps and aillereons willhave the same stripe.So it has no use to paint things wich you can see from inside the cockpit but wich do not show on the outside.Regards

forumlogopaintmod.png

Visit Flybike-Paints

THat's why he flygrapfics doesn't like Chris's 2 flap files... I sent them to you by mail.. That's the two parts that are missing before I pod it up...cheersTom