Sign in to follow this  
Guest pilotsim7828

Has Anybody Else Been Able To Do This !

Guest pilotsim7828

Went into the fly.Ini files and messed around with the water What do you think , Is it realitic Looking And it is animated:-eek

Guest pilotsim7828

Or How about this!!!

Guest tonyc

How about some *ini settings?tony

Guest pilotsim7828

FLY.INI SETTINGS ; Animate water=1 water transparency=2Cant remember off the top of my head a work!anyway the first line is ********165 ( TILEING DENSITY) I THINK? Second line is********2 Remember animate the water =1 force wind on ground=1Hope this helps and if it does ******Let me know ! Jeff Akins

Guest product

Jeff,What does "Force Wind on Ground" do? Is that default set to 0 or 1?I ask because I've been trying to get more impact of wind on planes while taxiing/ take off, but wheels still on the ground, and I wonder if that line will do it.Best,Joel

Guest pilotsim7828

Joel; Let me check on that later on tonight when i get Off of work!Jeff Akins

Guest product

Thanks, I'm at the office too so I couldn't check on my .ini either:-)Best,Joel

Guest pilotsim7828

LOL;I wish we were getting paid to check e-mail LOL :) Jeff Akins

Guest pilotsim7828

Ok; I have made a mistake on spelling. Sorry! In the Fly .iniAnimatewater=1.......defualt is0watertransparency=164watertilingdensity=2Percent of wind on ground(Percentofwindonground=0) As soon as i had changed the percent of wind on ground from the defualt vaule of 0 , And made it =1, it made the seas look like waves were really rocking & rolling! Any other time this was not done the seas had no splashing character at all, Just flat water. Hope this helps you Joel, If anyone else has allready done this please let me know what I`am doing wrong Or Right! Jeff Akins

This is the water I've been using recently. I've done some experimentation to get to this, but I haven't been able to tinker with it for quite a while. I use a green version of the water texture in terrascene, and I make the water mask with 70,70,70 instead of 0,0,0 for the water so it is slightly transparent. My fly.ini watertransparency is set to 180 in these shots. My idea was that the darker color (green here, I've also tried brownish/redish colors) of the terrascene texture will show through and mix with the bright blue sky reflection by making the water mask slightly transparent.As the pictures go below, the sun gets higher in the sky.nick

Guest pilotsim7828

Looks Realistic ;How do you go into the terrascene and change the water setting ?All i can do is use the water mask built in ts2.1 Jeff Akins

Guest product

Jeff,I think you can set that (percentofwindonground) up to 100 (for 100%). I'm curious, do you see a difference in your water if you raise that number up?Best,Joel

Guest pilotsim7828

Joel ; No ,I dont see any differance in the water at all. But arriving on final i thought i had to hold a crab angle on approach! See What differance that makes for you. Jeff Akins:-)

In Terrascene you should see "Land Types (water mask)" and "Lines (water mask)" along with the other Land Types and Lines in the OPtions menu. In there you can change the colors in the water mask along with what gets drawn and what doesn't.nick