Sign in to follow this  

Some FSW Clouds in Progress for Fs2k2

Hi, I am working hard even if my time is limited to finish them, cloud still in progress and those are only 3 pack and few others so here clouds in progress. You can and you should make them higher in feet with the weather option. I have much more clouds like , Cumulus, Cb T-storm and the mid/high level clouds,but not showed still in progress...Don't tell me when they will be all relased I don't know.Here some beta clouds in progressPart Ihttp://fsw.simflight.com/cld1.htmlPart IIhttp://fsw.simflight.com/cld2.htmlPart IIIhttp://fsw.simflight.com/cld3.htmlPs: the zoom in those shots are at minist ( - ) to see all the view, so they can appears stretched, but in normal view they look ok. ThanksChris Willis[link:fsw.simflight.com/FSWMenuFsSim.html]Clouds And Addons For MsFshttp://fsw.simflight.com/fsw.jpg

Kind Regards
Chris Willis

O MY GOD !!!!!!!!!!!! Those are incredible!! Those last two look just like CFS3 :-yellow1

Pretty incredible. Some of us here are waiting on pins and needles for their release, including the Weather program.Michael J.

The last set is pretty unbelievable! They look so real. Cheers to your work, Chris, you and your talented team.Would you consider releasing them one after the other as each set is finished, or you want to wait until all are completed and packaged together?

Absolutely great!! Looking forward to them :-beerchug

Guest Mike20

Hi Chris simply incredible I hope you and your team never tire of doing such fantastic work a great job looking forward to release and many thanks to you and the team best wishes and regards Mike Waikiki down under

"If reality had a patent" you would have it... Thanks a million for these works of art

I agree with my fellow compadres, set three is a jaw dropper!For perfection like that, it's worth the wait Chris!Thank you so much for helping make this sim "As Real As It Gets"!:-wavehttp://fsgateway.com/images/frank.jpg

Fantastic Chris! It is this kind of work that truly drives this sim to where it wants to go!!Noel

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Chris, you really are the " GURU Of Clouds "...Bravo!This Hobby Just Keeps Getting Better... :-yellow1Kind RegardsRobert

Vl3MQY.png

Indeed part3 is almost photo-real. Looking forward to that one for sure :)

Asus Prime X370 Pro / Ryzen 7 3800X / 32 GB DDR4 3600 MHz / Gainward Ghost RTX 3060 Ti
MSFS / XP

So what's the deal about FPS? Will these new clouds make the fps take a hit. Chris, I know that before you've said that the Ffps should stay the same as the bitmaps are the same size as those in the default yet I've heard of some getting a framerate hit. One reviewer I think it was at simflight.com stated that although the clouds looked fantastic, they made his system take a huge fps. Hmm...

That reviewer was comparing fsw with no weather. Had he used default MS clouds he'd have noticed the same.These are bitmaps and the file size & type are identical.Ergo, FPS not an issue in this context.