Sign in to follow this  
Geofa

Debonair FIX !! NO FIX

Geofa:I d/loaded the patch 1 but no change once I applied. Same MS messageabout b33.gau, and them the missing HSIThe problem continues.Is it possible that one uses an existing HSI from other authors( with proper permission), so as to avoid this problem. I am not familiar with doing this so pleas help from you or anybody.I have flown the Deb with the help of FSNAV (FP controls AP) only VFR on non ILS runways. Can not do it IFR because I get no GS capture.signal.The aircraft is really very nice but I find it very difficult to trim, and the altitude bug set does not seem to work. Stays glued to 3000 feet, and clicking on the zebra section of the altimeter does nothing.I have d/l several tmes, install uninstall patch it but nothing seems to help.Hope you can help me.Edmundo Cardenas van Grieken/SVMICaracas, Venezuela[table border=1 bgcolor=#eeeeee][tr][td rowspan=3] http://avsim.com/flightdeck/images/Radar_small.gif[/td][td]Proud pilot of Proud Supporter of[c][link:www.flightsimmers.net/radarcontact]Radar Contact][/c], the premiere ATC adventure add-on for FS

Sorry to hear of your problems, but it works fine for me, and many others.Stiil, you could always ask for your money back.Tell me again how much you paid for it?Schofi

Schoffi:Thanks to the freeware attitude of GEOFA, this aircraft is FREEWARE.I think it is one of the best GA aircrafts I own. Unfortunately I can notseem to get it to work because of the HSI problem and no possibility to be able to set the assigned altitude.I will keep trying and hope some one out there with the same problems , or maybe GEOFA himself can help me out.Sir: I am not complaining (this is freeware) I am just asking for help. If you have no problems or helpful advice, then good for you.BTW Geofa, if you read this:My PC has P III 1ghz cpu512 ramGe Force 2 GTS 32 megas on boardTwo HD 40 Gigas 7200 Ultra Ata 100 WIN 98 SESound Blaster 128 on motherboardEdmundo Cardenas van Grieken/SVMICaracas, Venezuela[table border=1 bgcolor=#eeeeee][tr][td rowspan=3] http://avsim.com/flightdeck/images/Radar_small.gif[/td][td]Proud pilot of Proud Supporter of[c][link:www.flightsimmers.net/radarcontact]Radar Contact][/c], the premiere ATC adventure add-on for FS

Yes, Edmundo, it's freeware - that's the point I was making (ironically).The tone of your post was one of complaint about the software, when the most likely problem is with your computer or its set-up.Schofi

This is extremely wierd. It's going to be hard for me or Geof to diagnose the problem as neither Geof or myself are experiencing this problem. It might be a case of the original Deb.cab file not being replaced/removed when uninstalled. http://homepages.paradise.net.nz/edenw/fs_banner_je4.jpg Think highly of yourself, for the world takes you at your estimate -Anon

Sounds to me like you didn't copy the new panel.cfg into your aircraft/panel directory. Fs would therefore still be calling the old gauge-not the new one which is in xml. The b33.gau isn't even used anymore-so proper installation of the patch would take care of at least that error message(-:To explain the situtation: The patch has anew deb.cab file (a gauge file with a new hsi and master switch)a new panel .cfg file that calls for this new gauge. In your panel.cfg file which can be loaded into notepad you should have under your first section (included in the patch panel.cfg):gauge15=deb!Horizontal Situation Indicator, 336,796,130,123If you have this there should be no hsi problem. It is a completely new gauge.The problem with old one was apparently it was based on the fs2000 bell.206 hsi-fs2002 has a newer version of this gauge and for some reason some versions of fs2002 just didn't like it.However, since the patch gauge is a new xml gauge it should not be a problem now.Re; altitude bug-this is a $30 plastic device that is on the outside of the altimeter and is used to remember the altitude atc gives you so you don't have to write it down. It is not functional in fs-but I suppose you could buy one and place it on your screen over the altimeter.;)Re: trimming-odd as I have gotten a lot of emails from persons stating that easy trimming is one of the things they like about the plane.I think a lot of that is in the end users controller. However, the real plane does not trim as easily as say a 182 which once trimmed will almost hold the altitude without and autopilot. The Deb is much more slippery and requires small adjustments -even when trimmed.http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

Guest Pieter

Is it me only, or does the RPM gauge at idle slowly creep up to full, when still parked on the ramp, although the engine sound and power output remain at idle? I've copied the Cessna and the Extra gauges as references to the panel and they all do the same. I don't know how to fix that, if it is a bug, in the .air file... I also saw in the documentation some of the screen shots with the aircraft on the ground showing the same phenomena, but I thought :) the screen capture was done with the engine revved ready for rolling...! See image13.jpg with the MP and FF at minimums (which made me realise it apparently a bug) but the RPM'S showing 2700 way above the redline.Again, from me as well, Geof and co-workers, congratulations on absolutely a wonderful package! Just a pity we could never get your aircraft packed and polished for X-Plane Geof! Again to you all please read no offence in any of these complaints (or just read over them when appearing offensive). I just think it's as always an interpretation between what some write and how some read. We are not all English speaking of origin...Pieter

NO problem at all- I want to know what works and doesn't so if it can be fixed (and some are fs limits) it can.To be honest Pieter-I haven't really had any time to fly it much! I'll check into it. I actually only worked on the panel-any fm issues just aren't my bag. The good news is a kind person with much more abilities in this area has offered to start working on the fm-hopefully this will also improve.As far as above the red line-my real plane does that too-so I thought I'd leave that in. http://members.telocity.com/~geof43/geofanim2.gif

Schofi,Chill out. The intolerance in these forums for critique and "style" by self appointed forum police is disappointing.Did you notice that english is probably not Edmundo's first language. How about the benefit of the doubt?BobP :)

Edmundo...look in your gauge folder for a "patch" folder. Seems Geof had that file in a Patch directory. I extracted the zip directly into my gauge folder, and did not notice at first, until the fix did not fix! Move the deb.cab from the gaugepatch dir to the gauge dir and bingo!Fixed.Cheers,bt

With the exception of the "cannot find b33.gau" issue, I LOVE THIS PLANE. I was never a huge GA fan in MSFS, but, WOW. As for not being able to intercept the GS with the HSI missing, I was able to shoot 3 ILS approaches last night with the AP in approach mode. Great plane and panel Geof, thanks again.MikeKOCF