Sign in to follow this  
Guest roland_lfor

Air Feedback DLL V1.00 upload

Guest roland_lfor

Hi flyers,A small post to say that I've uploaded my AirFeedback DLL (version 1.00)You will need of course a force feedback joystick (USB) like MS Force Feedback Sidewider II to use it (DirectX compatible)Give it a try and tell me...

BumpHey guys, give Roland's dll a try, it rocks, I tell you. Finally a good and realistic force feedback! This was my only frustration in Fly! II, not to feel the plane in my FF joystick. Now it's past!Merci Roland!Pascal__________________________________________________FLY! II tips Anti-aliasing: On some machines, you must set FSAA to 4x (GeForce2) to make it work. No need to disactivate AGP.Don't like the blurried textures? Try with FSAA on, and these values in the Render.ini :mipLevelCount=4 (if it causes problems rather set 5)mipMapFlag=128

I have a USB version of the Logitech Wingman Force, but alas I didn't have much luck with the DLL. I installed it, but as soon as Fly loads with the dll in place, it pops right back out to the desktop, and a bunch of errors show up in the log file that airfeedback writes.I deleted the logfile now but I could try again if you wanted to see it...

Guest Javier

I use it, it works great! I use to have ForceFed.dll, a very good dll released long time ago, it provided force feedback when rolling on the runway. That dll helped me to be patient with FLY for not having a Force Feedback support when it came out.It is just that ForceFed.dll needed more development and a good update / replacement, and you have done that! Air Feedback works great with MS Sidewinder FF 2 USB.For those who have Logitech and this dll doesn't do the trick you can still try the ForceFed.dll and at least feel the wheels rolling on the runway and the taxiways. Air Feedback rocks! Thank you so much for your time and effort to do this. Great job!Javier.

Guest Javier

I also use CollitionWarner and replaced the WAV with a real "Weep Weep Pull Up..Weep Weep Pull Up" Wav sound. Funny to hear that on an old P51...:-)

Guest roland_lfor

Many Thanks for all your feedback :-))I'm pleased to hear that it's working well for some of you, because all the beta tests made with the ROTW team were a disaster (They all have NON USB joystick)and as I spend a lot of time on that project, I was a little disapointed.==> madmax : sorry for the bad result, could you please send me the log file ? Did you suppress the "ForceFed.dll" from the modulesPc folder ?==> For all of you : could you tell me what joystick do you have and what version of windows you are using ?Thanks (and sorry for my poor english)

Roland, it seems to be working just fine with my AVB Topshot ff stick under Windows 98SE.Thanks!

Roland,Have a Logitech Wingman Force 3D and it works just fine with AirFeedback.Thank you for doing the work.

Guest roland_lfor

I'm happy that it's working for other joy than MS FF Sidewinder IIIf you have some suggestions and remarks to increase the realism of this DLL, they are welcome ! Don't wait.For example : what do you think of the buffeting effect ?I have no idea of what it should do inside a real plane...