Sign in to follow this  
Guest Fly II Pilot

Dynamic Vehicles - Yes or No?

Guest Eagle

In creating airport scenery I have included dynamic vehicles and aircraft. The question is, do you want them? Moving vehicles and aircraft on the ground is not a problem as there is very little interference with the plane you are going to fly. Aircraft departing or landing at the airport can be a problem and this is where your input is required. When approaching the airport you could run into a dynamic vehicle or they may be on the runway when you are landing.It takes time to include dynamic vehicles and the file size is increased, but if you want them I will include them.Now is the time for all FLYers to offer guidance.

Guest tonyc

Yes. Dynamic vehicles is the next frontier for FLY2. I am using them now and the frame rate is not an issue so long as the high texture models are not loaded. Frankly, the medium/low models are perfectly fine. Do you know why some planes don't have any landing gear?tony

Guest chezz

My guess, they're not gmax/3dstudio models.chrisphilippines

Guest tonyc

can anyone else confirm this?tony

Wayne;Your work in both static and dynamic modeling has been outstanding and I sincerely believe dynamic modeling is on the cutting edge of Fly's future.My vote: Ten thumbs up (I've been told I'm all thumbs) :-lol Regards,Robert

Guest tonyc

this is also an area where we need a program that simply would add, organize and animate vehicles.tony

Guest Fly II Pilot

I may be mistaken but I think that, as part of each node in the path, there's an entry for sound so... If you record an aircraft in the patter or departing, etc. you could also record .wavs with the communications and include them as part of the "script". Maybe I'm wrong and it's just one .wav file for the whole path, but maybe not...Has anybody tried this?Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Guest Fly II Pilot

What I forgot about is the volume, you'd only hear it if you're next to the airplane ;-) ;-) ;-) and that wouldn't work... unless there was a way to alter this using the .vol or other file... It may be worth giving it a try.Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB

Guest Javier

Just remember that the Scenery imported using FSIMP cannot use Dynamic Scenery. The scenery is not stored on DATA folders as it is when using the built in Scenery Editor, therefore Dynamic Scenery cannot be used on imported FS2x Scenery.:-(My vote is to have Dynamic Scenery :-badteeth . I hope we can find the fix for the Planes rolling / Taxing and finally NOT have the rudder and front wheel turning left all the time ( cosmetic issue ) .If we could have Scenery Models as good as some available for FS2x for those areas not covered yet on FLY! II, then we could create a very nice Scenery using the built in Scenery Editor and add the Dynamic vehicles, maybe this is something you are about to release for what I understand.Sound can be changed per point. Vol I am not sure. Sound would be available only when close to the object.If I can help in something let me know, but it looks that you have all figured out.Regards.Javier.

Guest Eagle

Thanks to all for your reply. I have received email from several FLYers asking for dynamic vehicles. Just uploaded KGRB that have some.I don't mind placing them in scenery, however, I feel that vehicles moving on the ground rather than in the air is the way to go. Flying dynamic aircraft can present a problem for those coming to, or leaving, an airport. As one FLYer said, the dynamic aircraft do not avoid you, you must keep away from them. If you want them flying around the airport it can be done.Sound has been tried, but without success. This needs to be explored further and if some of you in FLYing land want to work on it I will be more than happy to assist. I also want to develop additional dynamic vehicles and if others want to help that would be great.Thanks Javier for your offer. It would be an honor for me to work with you.

Wayne,I am a relative newbie to Fly2.I was a great fan of Fly but until recently didn't have a computer with enough power for Fly2. Once that changed and I saw the dedication and enthusiasm of the Fly2 users on this forum I have spent all of the (admittedly limited) time I get to sim with Fly2.The idea of dynamic vehicles/aircraft seems excellent to me but with my inexperience with the sim more experienced users will need to point out any potential downsides.Keep up the good work and thanks for all you have done. 3nm NNE NZGS:-beerchug

Guest Fly II Pilot

Try it out for yourselves!!!Alejandro AmigorenaCheshire, CTFly! II Beta Team MemberAthlon XP 1800ABIT KR7A-RAID768Mb RAMMSI GeForce 3 Ti 500 64MBSB Audigy GamerCH Flight Yoke USBCH Pro Pedals USB