Sign in to follow this  
RandallR

low visibility visual artifacts - pic enclosed

Anyone know what's up with this?If I go into the "other" weather settings and crank down the visibility (to anything, like say 4 miles), I get lots of these artifacts when flying around.I'd like to figure it out, coz i like flying in soupy weather, but the weird graphics kinda screw things up :)thanks!

Hello guys,I am using T&L these days, and I have AI aircraft turned off, so I don't think that's it.I saw this near Yakima WA, but I've seen it other places as well - it's not just one airport. However, it is view-direction dependent. I can rotate the aircraft by 90 degrees, and these go away. Rotate back, and they're back.VertexIndexFormat has no effect on it. It seems solely dependent on having low visibility set in the "other" weather window, and on facing in some certain direction.

The reason I ask is I've only seen it in two places - a coastal California airport and at one of the PMDG Greek Island airports. I have not seen it since or in any other location under the same conditions, so I don't know if it is video, video driver, or a combination of factors. Maybe someone else will be able to shed some light.

Randall Rocke