Sign in to follow this  

Can someone help me with my Saitek X36 and FS2K2?

Hi there,I am having a very strange problem with FS2K2 and I can't figure it out. I have been running FS2000 and I just bought and installed FS2K2 Pro today.My system is a Windows 2000 Professional, 1 GHz P-III, .5 GB RAM, 40 GB HDD.With FS2000 the Saitek works fine, but now in FS2K2 the aircraft has a delayed reaction to joystick inputs.It is not a flight model issue or anything, because if I watch the panel and increase throttle for instance, it takes 10 seconds for the program to recognize and adjust for the change. If I am flying and pull back on the stick and release to center, 10 seconds later I will get a pitch up... It is very strange.If I fly with the keyboard everything is as it should be.The graphics are simply amazing in 2002!Any suggestions?Thanks,Joe

Are you using the gameport or USB version of X36?What drivers are you using?I use the USB version with Win2000Pro, it works perfectly fine. Although there are a few driver issues to work out.Brgds, Frederick

Hi,I am using the USB version. Actually mine has both a USB and Gameport connector.I am using the USB connector along with the "SD02" driver from the Saitek website.It is strange because it works perfectly under FS2000...Thanks,Joe

HiI have a Saitek X36 in use with FS2k2, and i've now at last sorted all my problems out with it.I have come across this issue in the past when i have left FS2002 at idle for some time and then trying to fly an a/c like normal, but having the delayed reactions as u stated earlier.As far as i'm aware i don't yet know if i'm getting this problem also, as much of my flying reciently has just been a short half an hr and i haven't left it at idle.When u have this problem, go into windows to check the calibration tester and see if the delayed reactions are in there also. If they are, or anyhow try this:Try disabling the joystick in FSUnplug the USB connectorReconnect USB connector.....and in joystick calibration in windows see if it works fine.Enable joystick in FS......Does it work fine?I can only imagine that your getting this problem possibly after leaving FS at idle for a while, or do u get it as soon as FS is fired up?As far as i know, i don't know of any fix for it. I'd be glad to help u on future problems also.Hope this is helpfulWill

OK this *might* help a little :-)I run the X36 with FS2k2 without a problem but I am running Win98SE.I seem to remember reading a post a while back about problems with CH rudder pedals stopping working and I think the OS was WinXP.The problem was something to do with a setting in the OS that puts the USB ports to sleep when not in use.I'm not sure if Win2k has this setting but it might be worth seeing if you can find something similar or do search here for CH Pro Pedal problems.Alternatively post your question on the Saitek help forum at the link given in another post, that forum is a must if you are using Saitek products ;-)

Hi thanks for all the responses...I get the problem as soon as FS2002 fires up. For the past few days I've just been flying with the keyboard because it has been too frustrating!!!I am going to try the Dhauzimmer's drivers and see if they help.I do not get this problem in Windows calibration or anywhere else. I have FS2000 installed as well, and I can use the X36 perfectly fine there. It works fine in Combat Flight Simulator 2 as well.It seems isolated to FS2002 for some reason...