Sign in to follow this  
dkohl

Unalaska

Where exactly is this? Can you attach your TSP file? Or send TerraScene instructions? Beautiful work.-DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.

David,Unalaska is an island near the middle of the Aleutians (GT 137,173). You fly out of Dutch Harbor. I didn't do this with TS because TS is unable to import elevations for Alaska. I used VisiDem instead to create the ras file and then imported it with the Fly! II editor, setting subdivide density to 8 and subdivide tolerance to 50. The shoreline near the airport does climb the side of a hill but it is an amazing place to fly out from. The two dems you will need are Unalaska-sw and Unalaska-se. Be sure to download the uncompressed files, VisiDem doesn't seem to read compressed files (the opposite of TS). If you'd rather, send me an e-mail and I'll send you the ras file -- its about 2 MB. Below is the text file.Don ========= TGA Filename ==========c:dummy.tga-------- lower left lat lon -----0.0000000N0.0000000W -------- upper right lat lon ----0.0000000N0.0000000W ========= DEM Filename ==========D:DEM toolsVisiDemUnalaska.ras -------- DEM X,Y samples --------1202,1201 -------- lower left lat lon -----53.0000000N168.0000000W -------- upper right lat lon ----54.0000000N166.0000000W ========== END OF FILE ==========

I've not used VisDem. I'm also a bit weak when it comes to scenery importing. Can you send me the "package" in final form of what I'll need - perhaps the Gxx.TRN files and instructions on which DXXXYYY directories to place them?Would love to modify the mountains as per your screen shots. Truly beautiful.-DK----David KohlFly! II v2.5.240Dell 8200 P4/1.8G, 1024MB RAM, Nvidia GF4 Ti4600 v41.09, WinXP Home Edition SP1.CH Pro Pedals and Yoke USB.