Sign in to follow this  
Guest Javier

FS Importer V 1.03

Yesssss!I'm upgrading my system, I can't try it right now, but I can't wait!!(I love this software!)Thanks again Padraic!Pascal__________________________________________________FLY! II tips Anti-aliasing: On some machines, you must set FSAA to 4x (GeForce2) to make it work. No need to disactivate AGP.Don't like the blurried textures? Try with FSAA on, and these values in the Render.ini :mipLevelCount=4 (if it causes problems rather set 5)mipMapFlag=128

Hi guys & gals,This was a bit of a rushed job. I am on the move at the moment and checking the forum from Internet Cafes. I hope that there are no really BIG ISSUEs. Again, I hope it works for you. Read the README.TXT - at least the top part "Tips". I think many problems arise when users are selecting the "tile" at an airport and not the "area". I usually just select the dropdown area and "Generate". If you want to use the airport selection method - type in the ID (3-letter FAA, 4-letter ICAO, longer for a substring of the name), press "Airport" AND THEN "Areas".Now the "area" should be active so press "Generate". Note also that SimFlyers textures are 512x512 pixels. If you have enough video RAM (64M), select "Tex Size" 512 and allow for about 50 slots for 512 in render.ini. FSI generates only 8bit textures and no 565s (16-bit).Take care,Enjoy,Good luck,Be positive,Padraic (Podjoe) Morgan.

Guest ben_

PadraicThanks for a great program.Questions:When I looked at my ver, it was 1.0.0.1 - I didn't realise I hadn't upgraded :-)1: Is it safe to just override the old version?2: As I have to delete old creations first, can v1.3 delete my old sceneries (or should I do that with v1 first) ?It probably doesn't look like it, but I did read the readmevery early this morning :-)Ben

Guest Javier

". If you want to use the airport selection method - type in the ID (3-letter FAA, 4-letter ICAO, longer for a substring of the name), press "Airport" AND THEN "Areas".I have a bunch of problems when I select the Airport FAA or ICAO it will not give me the name of the airport,if I press AIRPORT then it opens a DOS window and gives me an Error message "Bad Command or File Name" then it will start putting characters >>>>>>>>>> slowly filling the window.When I run a BGL list I get this type of report...AddBGL("C:Program FilesTerminal RealityFly! IIFS_IMPNOFSSCENERYCENTROSCENERYexcctr.BGL")= no useful sections, areas= 0, flen= 129If I use any other method I get 3 lines of "Bad command or File Name" and then DOS terminates.I am about to remove/reinstall FSIMP for the third time and I am tempted to re-install the FS2002 Add-on Scenery, H.E.L.P !!

Guest Dean

Renaming the build.exe file fixed that problem for me but I am encounter floating models with 1.03 that I didn't have previously.

Guest Javier

Thanks Dean:I just got from Work and I was desperate to post the errors, never took the time to read today's posts and now I see there is a different Post reporting the problems.I will give it a try renaming the build.exeThanks again for your advise.

0:The EXEs have no version info in the explorer Properties dialog. The console EXEs print the version on starting. The DLL reports in its main UI window.1:It is safe to overwrite ALL files from the ZIP. Do not mix different versions of EXE and DLLs. There may be a few problems with v1.03 on Win98 - rename the file BUILD.EXE to work around. An EXE is not being found (Start in). There may also be a few new bugs introduced - that is the risk.2:You can also delete previously generated sceneries using v1.03 by selecting tiles/areas and the "Delete" button.v1.03 will still display sceneries from earlier versions. You do not really need to delete these. When you do convert sceneries again, to get the newest features, it will overwrite earlier ones. Padraic (podjoe) Morgan.